Pro-Face AGP 3300-L1-D24 to FX3G-60M

Engineroom81

Hi,

I'm trying to use a HMI (Pro-Face AGP 3300) with a Mitsubishi FX3G via a RS485 4-wire link (FX3G-485-BD).
I started with one simple button on the Pro-Face HMI with 2 states switching X001 on the PLC (or that's what it supposed to do...) But for some reason I can't get any communication between the Pro-Face and the FX3G???
Does anybody have some experience with Pro-Face to FX3G-plc's and can help me to get started???

Thanks!!

Hi,

I'm trying to use a HMI (Pro-Face AGP 3300) with a Mitsubishi FX3G via a RS485 4-wire link (FX3G-485-BD).
I started with one simple button on the Pro-Face HMI with 2 states switching X001 on the PLC (or that's what it supposed to do...) But for some reason I can't get any communication between the Pro-Face and the FX3G???
Does anybody have some experience with Pro-Face to FX3G-plc's and can help me to get started???

Thanks!!

I have used proface agp's but to Siemens not Mitsubishi.

I don't think you can switch inputs directly. You need to switch a flag/marker from your 2 state button.

Try that.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to use the flag/markers if I can get de communication working. It seems the Pro-Face and the FX3G-60MT aren't communicating (I don't see any RD/SD lights blinking).

Anyway, thank you!

If you are using 4 Wire RS-485, are you sure you crossed over the RDA/RDB to SDA/SDB Signals? Did you use the proper Terminating Resistors?

Stu....

How did you load the drivers to the screen?

This does need to be done initially.

you do need the usb - usb Proface cable now

Hello again!

I finally found out what was the problem, there was a setting in the FX3G which caused the communication to fail. Loaded the driver in the screen with the USB cable and all seem to be working now!

Everybody thanks for the hints!

ER81