PanelView Flash Memory Card

godfrey

I need to select the correct size memory card for my PanelView 1000 Color Touchscreen terminal. How do I determine the size of the program I have written? Is it as simple as looking at the file size in Windows Explorer?

It'll be hard to get a card that's too small... the PanelView applications can only be a maximum of about 1 megabyte.

I use SanDisk compact-flash cards that slide into Type II PCMCIA carriers with PanelView Standard terminals; they work great at a low cost (about $40 for a 16 or 32 MB card, $12 for the carrier).

When you validate a program file in PanelBuilder32 it should show you the application program size.

Pretty close! When you save a file using PanelBuilder you get a .PVB file. This is the uncompiled documented version of your program. When you download the program to your PanelView terminal that file has to be compiled to a .PVA file. That is the file actually transferred to your PanelView terminal.

So when you save in PanelBuilder try using Save As and save it as a .PVA (that is an option in the Save As window). Then look at the file size. That is the size of the actual file transferred to the terminal.

OG

p.s. or what Ken said!!

Darn!! I was going from memory. You do know that memory is the second thing to go as you get older.

Now, if I could just remember what that first thing was.

OG