HELP! Allen Bradley SLC 5/05 fault

I have encountered equally both a bad chasis and a bad power supply. If possible, I would stick another PSU on and see if it solves the problem. If not, then try the chasis. perhaps the same person could loan you spare parts to check with one at a time.

Have you guys done any installs that might introduce noise into this system recently, by chance?

Odds are the power supply is having issues and will short out the CPU and make the program disappear, this I have seen more than once

g.mccormick said:
Chassis power supply starting to die?

sparkie said:
I have encountered equally both a bad chasis and a bad power supply.

I say try changing the power supply :)

Is there an HMI of some kind ?
If so, one more recommendation is to display on the HMI the "major error" status word S:6 and "last major error" status word S:54.
With these two status words, you have a fighting chance to troubleshoot the PLC without going online with RSLogix.

I say try changing the power supply :)

I like how experience speaks! Thanks for your help. I will definitely keep this in the radar. I also figured a bad back plane could cause issues.

Is there an HMI of some kind ?
If so, one more recommendation is to display on the HMI the "major error" status word S:6 and "last major error" status word S:54.
With these two status words, you have a fighting chance to troubleshoot the PLC without going online with RSLogix.

Yes, they do have a Panelview as well. Thanks for the suggestion.