TIA Portal function block creation

Jonnie_R

I'm still fairly new to TIA Portal, but am switching a site over from some old Beckhoff hardware to Siemens S7-1200.

The Beckhoff kit has a function block, which I wrote about 11 years ago, so I have access to all the code etc., and I intend to recreate this in TIA. Is there an easy way to import the function block inputs/outputs/statics etc. via a spreadsheet as you can with standard tags in TIA?

If you format the excel sheet into the same format as the interface environment I think it's just a case of copy and pasting from the excel document.

You can actually paste the code including the interface section as text.
You have to change the setting:
Options .. Settings .. PLC programming .. SCL .. Interface.
Change Default setting for new block from Table view to Textual View
This feature was added in one of the later versions of TIA; dont remember exactly which version.

You can actually paste the code including the interface section as text.
You have to change the setting:
Options .. Settings .. PLC programming .. SCL .. Interface.
Change Default setting for new block from Table view to Textual View
This feature was added in one of the later versions of TIA; dont remember exactly which version.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll keep it as table view though, I prefer that over a textual view like Codesys and Beckhoff.