Factory Talk Parameters in an expression

kevilay

Hello guys,

I am working on a generic template for factory talk we can use on all our machines. I have a page with up to 16 pictures on it. I am attempting to use a parameter "#1" to control the visibility of these pictures. This parameter is filled in under the parameters tab and I am using a basic expression. The idea is they would choose how many objects they have "1-16" in the parameters and it will display the correct amount of pictures.

#1>=2

If they have a 2 or more into #1 it should display. However it doesn't recognize the #1 value. Maybe because its a string? maybe because it doesn't look at parameters at all in the visibility expression. For testing I used:

2>=2

and I am getting the desired result, but I would like it to be parameter driven as I have many object.

Thanks
Kevin

I believe #1 can only refer to a tag or a tag folder name. If you want it to give a value for your expression you need to create tags like Always1 with a default value of 1, then pass that tag as the #1 parameter.

I believe #1 can only refer to a tag or a tag folder name. If you want it to give a value for your expression you need to create tags like Always1 with a default value of 1, then pass that tag as the #1 parameter.

I thought of this as well, however I would need to set this tag somehow. Which means I would need to do something outside of the parameters section. I could use my PLC to control which where displayed based on what was available . But I was just hoping to avoid this extra coding.

There are a few options that I can think of:

1) Create HMI memory tags (like JaxGTO suggested).

2) Assign a tag to the animation instead of #1 (ex. PictureNum > 2). Use the PLC or the objects Ramp up/down buttons, numeric input, or a macro button to change at runtime.

3) Use global object and parameters.
Group all 16 pictures together into one object, then paste that into a global object display. Change all the expressions from #1 into #101. Right-click and select global object parameters. Type in #101 (name) and a description; ex. Picture number. Save.
Now when you use (copy/paste to a display) that global object, you can right-click, select & type in a number for the global parameter value. You can still use options 1 & 2 with that as well.