You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 15th, 2019, 01:08 AM   #1
Prasanth MS
India

Question MICRO 820 PLC - 2080 MOT HSC - Jencoder J-15S-SL

MICRO 820 PLC - 2080 MOT HSC - Jencoder J-15S-SL

Above plc, add on module and encoder are using to configure one paper cutting machine...The encoder given the value to the RA_HSC_PLUGIN functional block (accumulator) ..I am giving 20 paper cuts only first 10 or 9 or 4 only the encoder value came to the functional block acculator afterthat that the encoder value does not came ..... Depends upon the accumulator value only, we cut the paper by our user defined measurements. I download the sample code from Rockwell Automation....change the high preset values and low preset values .....I change the encoder wiring selected modes mentioned in 2080 Mot HSC manual....
From my customer side have problems about issue .I am trying to do solve the issue for 5 days .....it's not working
Kindly help to clear the problem!!!!!
Old August 15th, 2019, 04:28 AM   #2
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

I have used many of the Micros with encoder applications.
I have found that using the "HSC_Mode0" User Defined Function Block available from the Rockwell site has made it very simple to count pulses and reset that count on the fly.

I too struggled with the HSC instructions and always getting faults for configuration and such. The Mode0 instruction only has 5 input parameters and its easy. No configuration like some of the other HSC instructions.

You can also have multiple Mode0 Instructions looking at one high speed input. The first one gets HSC_ID = 0 and the second HSC_ID = 1.

Just a thought!
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:46 AM   #3
Prasanth MS
India

Thank you for ur reply...... is it work in micro 820 PLC???
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:54 AM   #4
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

Yes, works on all Micro PLC

Thanks
Old August 17th, 2019, 01:17 PM   #5
Prasanth MS
India

I tried that one.....I have got the same error....last 7 days I didn't clear that issue... First 10 sequence the value had been read after that it's not came....the same issue....I have totally upsetting about this issue...everyone questioning me why it's not working....please help me to solve this.....
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum