RSLOGIX5 Rockwell Automation software - redundency PLC-hotbackup

madhupraba

I am working in the following system and i am having the problem mentioned below please help me and solution.
System:
Allen Bradly-PLC-5 ControlNet processor(1785-L80C15).Two main processors housed in seperate I/O racks and redundant (Primary and Backup processor unit)are connected through a controlnet network and RSLOGIX5 cotrol program is used for sequence and interlocking the Lignit handling system in N.L.C.Ltd, neyveli,INDIA.

Problem:RSLOGIX5 SOFTWARE
The problem is When i am forcing the input signal in the Input table for starting the conveyor in the primary processor(node 1), The same is not updating(hotbackup) in the secondary processor(node-2). So i have to manualy do forcing in the secondary processor. Please guide me how to update forces in secondary processor automaticaly.

:) If I understand you correctly, When your online with the main processor, your not online with the hot back up processor?
When you go online with the processor, and force a bit, this is not a real world type action...I.E. the Input is actually off. So your force is only going to show up on the processor that your online with.
Using what you listed, you might want to consider putting a real world switch to by pass that input.

I've never worked with redundant processors, so I can't comment on that aspect of the problem.

I thought that forcing an input or output actually worked on the input and output cards and not the data tables. That's to say you actually have the input or output. This causes the input table to be updated because the processor actually sees the input as true. The output table will not be updated based on a force because it is determined by the results of the logic. That's why when you force an input on, you can see the rung logic update as true in logix5 and you don't see it when you force an output.

I can't verify this on a PLC5 right now. I have checked on a Control Logix system. When I force an input on, the bit value goes to 1. When I force an output on, the value stays at 0 but the force mask changes to 1.