RsLogix 5000 Time/Date

Ok, this is my very 1st post. I've been a viewer since 2005.
-I downloaded the DOW "add on" from post #10 to my L61 ver19 processor and it shows the day of week fine but how do I get it to update itself to the next day.
Help!!

Last edited:
Rocan,

It will update itself automatically.

Check out this file and see if it makes more sense.

There are other ways to do it but this should show you how it all works.

Mark

Last edited:
I am using the GSV to find year/time etc. However, my PLC doesnt show the correct data, year : 1998...date is wrong and so on.
How do I fix this?

Then you haven't set the PLCs clock.

Go to the controller properties - date/time tab and set the PLC clock as you want it, or click the button to set it to the same date/time as your programming PC. See the pic....

DateTime.jpg

CCW_RTC_READ_1, how get separately hours, minutes and second?

Hello,

i have one problem, i need separately hours, minutes and secons in PLC 850 2080-LC50-48QWB,

i used block RCT_READ and i see minutes and so on in Local variables:
RTC_READ_1.RTCData.Minutes i see how minutes changing and i don´t to next use this variable
>>>in seven rung is block MOVE and input value= RTC_READ_1.RTCData.Minutes (viz. images)

and after compiling announce warning messages:unknow field structure.

please help

thank you
lacek
Czech Republic

RTC_READ_1.jpg

DayOfWeek_LD status

I have been reviewing the information from post #10, and implemented it into my ladder logic. When I run the program, the value I see is always 0 (zero). Is there something I need to enable to see the day of week showing 0-6?

Thanks for your help,

Chad

Last edited:
I have been reviewing the information from post #10, and implemented it into my ladder logic. When I run the program, the value I see is always 0 (zero). Is there something I need to enable to see the day of week showing 0-6?

Thanks for your help,

Chad

are you JSR'ing the subroutine that the AOI resides in ?