RSLogix 5000 books

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
What has happened to the online books that were able to be stored locally as PDFs for RSLogix 5000.
In version 16 they seem to have disappeared and you have to now have to have an internet connection and a flash player to view them. Am I doing something wrong have they gone.
Definitely not impressed with the new "Resource Centre" It feels like the whole thing was designed and coded by the office junior after he/she had a big night out. I cannot log in, the page generates script errors.
Regards Alan Case

Last edited:
IF you have V16 release, not a Beta, all PDFs are there and you have option to use local copy or connect to web.

Alan Case said:
In version 16 they seem to have disappeared and you have to now have to have an internet connection and a flash player to view them....... I cannot log in, the page generates script errors.
I had the same problem. (script errors)

I installed the copy I have on another machine (I do have the licenses) and everything worked perfect. I quite like the look and feel of it but it refuses to work on my machine. I have totally un-installed and re-installed version 16 but I cannot get it to display the page where you can select "Abstact, PDF or Literature library"
When I click on the left side for the books (say for compact logix) I can sometimes see a quick flash of maybe an hourglass and then nothing.
I have tried disabling all the firewalls etc
Has anyone else had this problem.
Regards Alan

Last edited:
Thanks Ron but the lastest version of Logix 5000 has a page called "Resouce Centre" which gives you a choice of viewing the PDFs that are installed by the software locally or viewing the latest offerings on the Rockwell website. It is this page that will not function. Just trying another re-install.
Regards Alan

Below is a description of the problem as sent to Tech support at Rockwell.

Version 16 of RSLogix 5000.
I click on the red tab "Quick Start" of the start page and the top bar goes red and I get a list of recent projects.
I click on the green tab, the top bar goes green and the main page goes to the "Learning Centre".
I click on the blue tab, the top bar goes blue, the selection of online books appears on the left of the main page but the main part of the page stays green with the "Learning Centre" still displayed. The selection of manuals does not appear. I have installed onto another PC and it does work correctly. I have also uninstalled the main program as well as the start page and the online books program and re-installed. I have also tried to repair via the control panel but still no go. The manuals are located in PDF form in the correct location on my hard drive.
From the about window
Built on: 01/29/07 18:02:38
Installed Components:
Ladder Diagram
Function Block Diagram
PIDE Autotune
Motion
Trending
External Routines
Structured Text
Sequential Function Chart
Phase Manager