Interfacing iFix to Omron CJ1G using Kepware Driver

simplelogix

Hi Folks,

Greetings! I need your valuable help.

I have this Omron CJ1G PLC and I want to interface it with iFix over ethernet as a standalone system on my laptop. (Purely for testing purposes only. Hence a standalone system will do). I have just the basic ideas about SCADA/HMI and have not built any system. Yes, an absolute newbie.

The OPC server is from Kepware. Please guide me through the process database development process. I understand I have to run the SCU utility first. Other than that, I am lost.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi

I dont have any experience with iFix but I have some with Kep.
Set your Omron to Ethernet mode and make sure you have connction thru Ethernet.
(by the CX programmer.
First download the right kep OPC driver.
(you can download 2 hour demo)
Run it on your laptop and make connection between your PLC and the driver.
The setup is easy, IP port number ect.
Use the examples you found there.
Just write some tags and make sure you can read and write from the PLC.
This process should take half hour for the first time for few tags.(that what it take to me)
then use the same tag name on your sofware.(iFix)
Sorry I do not have any knowledge about iFix so I can not help from here.