Automationdirect Ez Touch Panel

ready961

Hello
I'm a novist at the plc thing. I have done a couple projects using old AB 150SLC. But for my latest project I bought a 06 plc and eztouch panel for automation direct. Anyone one have some tips or trick for programing the touch screen.

I've used the EZtouch on a few projects, and over all I like them, and think they are a pretty good value. A couple of things I've picked up:

1) Do as much of the programming as you can first, and then import the tag base into the EZtouch. It save a lot of time.

2) I don't use the frames on any of the indicators - they make each item use up twice as much space on the touchscreen in order to be readable.

3) On trends, the X-axis is just the number of data samples. Use intervals of one minute or one second or whatever to get the X-axis labels at all useful.

4) Turn off scaling on the digital displays and entry fields unless you actually need to scale. Otherwise you forget to cahnge the scaling and end up with some peculiar results.

5) If you want to change a tag that is used on more than one page, you have to change each item to another tag, or delete each item, before you can edit the tag. A pain!

Thanks for the info, very helpful.
Basicly what I'm doing is running a bottle filling unit with 4 filling nozzles. Each nozzle has it own timer in the plc program. I am making a recipe screen for 23 different bottle sizes. Once the times are set on the four timers on each bottle sizes they will pretty much stay at that preset time. But I want to make the preset variable at the panel. I obviously cant set the valve preset to a constent in the recipe. My question is whats the point of the "another tag" setting in the repice button? Why wouldn't you just use that tag directly? Which would require a seperate numerical entry button for each valve on each size(92!!). Am I missing something or is this just the way it is done.
Thanks Again