RSlogix 5000 v24.00 ladder editor tabs

nmurray

I don't think I'm going crazy..

Lately when I have multiple routines open in the ladder editor and I open another one my tabs at the bottom only shows the one I just opened, and I have to use the arrow button to display all my other open tabs.

I don't believe I've ever had this issue, unless I had too many tabs open to display them all without using the arrows.

Is there a setting somewhere to make this stop happening?

Hi, I've got V. 20.04. Have you looked in "tools" "options" and checked the settings for display? I could send you screenshots of what I have set--mine shows all tabs (routines) open when they're open. Hope this helps

On the bottom toolbar, you have the horizontal scroll bar on the right, and the area to show your open tabs on the left. You can click and drag to set how much screen width is allocated to open tabs vs scroll bar. Most likely, you've only got enough space to show the most recently opened tab. Since you rarely need the horizontal scroll bar, I tend to drag it all the way across to the right and give the open tabs area all but about the right-most inch

At least RSL5K shows the latest tab. RSL500 shows them in the order they were opened.

Newer ones, if too many, are hidden under the scroll bar even when the open tab.

Its not the width of my scroll bar, I keep that pretty short.

And I looked at the Options and display I don't see anything that looks like it would be it.

This is my scenario:
2 (routines) tabs open
open up controller tags.
Then I open up a new routine to bring me to 3 total tabs.

My bottom list of tabs only shows the latest one, I have to arrow over to view the other 2 tabs.

Do the routines have very long names?

RSL might only show the full name. If the tabs have long names the next tab may not be shown with a partial name. I think that is how RSL5k shows tags.

I just tried this and if the slider bar was way to the left it would only show 1 or 2 tabs. If the slider was centered or to the right it showed all open tags at once, truncating the names.

Capture2.JPG Capture.JPG