CompactLogix DH+

BoxBoy76

I know AB hasn't made a DH+ module yet for the CompactLogix processor but I was wondering if there are any available via a n outside vendor.

Or maybe there is another way to connect some compactLogix PLCs to a DH+ network.

The background is that we are currently using ControlLogix PLC's to communicate with a Panelview 1400e via DH+. Engineering doesn't want to switch to ethernet because we will be eliminating the 1400 in the future. We would like to switch to CompactLogix but the holdup is the lack of DH+ connectivity

A very expensive way to do it:
A ControlLogix chassis with an ENBT module and a DHRIO module.
(not sure if it would require a controller in the chassis).

Doesnt the PV1400e have a serial port ?
You could consider to use DF1. Is is not so bad at 19200 baud.
With a couple of RS232/RS422 converters in between it can even reach a long distance.

Serial is not really in option on this 1400. Mainly because it is talking with 3 ControlLogix processors and 2 PLC5s.
Too bad we didn't convert to PV Plus when we had the chance.

Maybe a KF2 between the Compactlogix and the DH+ network can do the trick. Its not high speed, but at least useable.
A new KF2 is expensive, try ebay.

But sooner or later that PV1400e will have to go.

Compactlogix & Micrologix to DH+

Hi.

I thought I would mentioned the DL3500-DH+/DF1 http://www.*********************/products_dl3000dhIAP.htm
will work great interfacing CH0 of the Compactlogix to DH+ or the DL3500-DH+/IAP http://www.*********************/products_dl3500dhplustodf1.htm
will work great interfacing via Ethernet/IP to DH+

These solutions also work great with Micrologix

I know this an old question but it showed up on a google search so I thought it might still be relevant.

Morgan

It seems to me awhile back, someone provided a link for a new third party dh+ module that can be used with the CompactLogix.

I can't seem to find it here using the search feature.

I saved the link on my office computer but will not be back till next week.

Hopefully someone else can remember the link and help me past my senior moment.

All individuals looking to replace the serial to DH or DH+ should avoid purchasing the the Datalink Gateway module as advertised by Datalink Technologies. Morgan Jack at this company continues to promise a refund on the product I purchased from them. Datalink group never delivered the product but charged my credit card for the purchase. This has been over 45 days ago and has yet to refund the price of $1345.00. Listed below is one of the more original accounting excuses I have ever heard. We are switching from a terminal to a virtual accounting system. Yes, and apparently their product is also a virtual product.

Sorry. Accounting has told me that they are switching from a terminal to virtual application and this will be implemented tomorrow. I will make this credit a priority tomorrow and call you to confirm that it has been done.

Regards,

Morgan Jack
Sales & Marketing
DataLink Technologies
(360) 306-5878

Thanks Ken,
Very good article. I normally do not resort to such public responses but noticed the company seemed to be using this technical forum for more of an advertising medium than actual techincal merrit. I received and email about 10 minutes after posting saying they had taken care of the problem. I'll see if I can figure out how to remove the post.
thanks

Equustek can provide a decent solution for communicating to old PLC-5 and SLC-500's via a number of protocols. I have used them, and they have provided solid support for their product.

As for Datalink, here is what I found.

DL-GW1000

CURRENT NEWS:

Equustek Solutions Inc. has terminated its relationship with Datalink, which is no longer a distributor of Equustek’s communication products.

These products include the industry known devices such as the DL2000, DL3500, DL4000, DL6000 and the DL7000 among others.

Datalink Technologies Gateways Inc, Datalink Network Corp, Datalink Group Technologies Inc., Datalink Systems Inc., Datanet Communications Inc., and other similar names have no rights to distribute Equustek products.

These Datalink companies have been misleading the public by offering the Equustek products for sale and then shipping their own product, the inferior GW1000/DL-GW1000, instead. We ask everyone who ordered one of the Equustek products from Datalink and received the GW1000/DL-GW1000 instead, to please contact us.

In addition, since Equustek terminated its relationship with Datalink, the Datalink companies have been further misleading the public by implying that the Equustek products have been discontinued and that the Datalink GW1000/DL-GW1000 is an upgrade or successor to the Equustek products.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Equustek continues to develop, manufacture, and sell its industry leading technology, while Datalink’s GW1000/DL-GW1000 modules are inferior substitutes for our field proven technology. Datalink’s GW1000/DL-GW1000 products do not meet specifications and may provide serious risk to the integrity of plant control systems. We wish everyone to be aware that Equustek has no connection with these devices, nor will we support them.

Customer support for all of the Equustek DL products in use will continue and will be stronger than before—Datalink’s technical support was always provided by Equustek and Datalink was often slow in returning devices to Equustek for repair or requesting help with implementation.

To contact us by telephone: 1-888-387-3787
Or visit our main website Equustek.com