Scadapack 350 to control ABB VFD

95ee32069

I am trying to use an Scadapack 350 to control an ABB ACS550 VFD through the modbus RTU but have limited knowledge of Scadapack. I am ok with the VFD and its wiring and modbus registers. I have the telepace software and get it communicating with my computer but have only program an Allen Bradley plc before. What i need is to be able to read and write to the VFD register to control and read infomation from it. Anyone one here familar with Scadapack?

I'm not familar with your VFD, but if you want to read/write over a Modbus connection you want to start by reading about the "MSTR" function "Master Message" in the SCADAPack. See link below for a sample program and the programming manual if you don't have it.

http://www.controlmicrosystems.com/resources-2/software-downloads/programming-samples/telepace11/

http://www.controlmicrosystems.com/media/product-literature/software/telepace/manual/TelePACE%5F3%2D40A%5FUser%5Fand%5FReference%5FManual.zip

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey that is a good manual and seems to be the perfect start. Anyway i try opening that LAD files with telepace evaluation but it failed to open giving a message "not backward compatible". Do you have a screen shot of this ladder logic file?

Sorry, I don't have the software anymore. Its been a few years sense I worked with a SCADAPack. Hopefully someone else will jump in here.