HELP - Cutler Hammer MPC1 Controller but No Programmer

Scott55

We're using some old Cutler Hammer MPC1 logic controllers in a couple places around our plant but someone lost/threw away the controller used to program them. We're looking at upgrading and I need to get the programs off these things, the way I understand it you need the programmer to do that. Does anyone know of a place to buy a programmer? Or have one I can borrow for a few days? Ebay and Google haven't helped at all but maybe I’m not searching for the right stuff. Any help or advice you guys can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I have all the MPC1 stuff you need.
MPC1 run's from RAM, that is easily accessible from the sliding door.
What ever you do: don't remove your battery with the power off.
630-717-9117 Mike

cutler hammer mpc1 controller manual

Mike, i have a cutler hammer mpc1 plc from 1990 with the access module. Its been running a hot foil stamping program for the last 25 years. It finally crapped out due to some shoddy power supply wiring. after i resoldered the connections it powered up fine but the display is dark and the "controller" light is not lit. it may be in halted mode but i have no instruction manual to get it going. Do you have any manuals available for download?

Last edited:
What's the number on the chip that is under the little door? What ever you do do not remove it or the battery! I have manuals here. I'll see what I can find. Maybe scan something in for you.

Last edited: