Switches for large network

Charbel

Dear,

I have 130 RTU's connected in a ring network to a dual redundant PLC, can you kindly direct me on some special managed switch that can handle this large network.

the RTU's uses WAGO controller (using 750-881 Ethernet fieldbus controller).

thanks a lot for your feedback.

charbel

What type of PLC's?

I would recommend Cisco switches. If you're in the Allen-Bradley world then Stratix 5700 or 5400. Otherwise Cisco IE2000/IE4000 which are the same equivalent as the AB's but with standard Cisco firmware and branding.

Are you having issues with your existing network? What do you hope to gain from a managed switch?

Charbel,

If you are looking for an Ethernet product you may want to consider Westermo's product line. I have provided you a link to our web site - http://www.eternity-sales.com/Westermo/industrialethernet.htm

If you are interested in talking further, you can email me directly at [email protected] because there would be more details required, regarding what you would require in your network structure.

Disclosure - ESI is an authorized distributor for Westermo.

Siemens Scalance X-200 and 300 series are managed and have fiber and copper ports (which may be useful for a ring that size). Also, they can be a ring manager too.

The other option I've seen are the Hirschmann switches, although the ones I used were a bit too complex for most uses... this being said, they failed a lot less than Siemens ones.

Siemens Scalance X-200 and 300 series are managed and have fiber and copper ports (which may be useful for a ring that size). Also, they can be a ring manager too.

The other option I've seen are the Hirschmann switches, although the ones I used were a bit too complex for most uses... this being said, they failed a lot less than Siemens ones.

These days, the original X200/x300 series are looking pretty dated. The XC200 is a new line that covers pretty much the same functions.