Studio5000 Emulate: Emulogix5868 has stopped working

scarince

Lifetime Supporting Member
Studio 5000 Emulate, version 30, running on Windows 7, 64 bit.

This application has been running fine on my laptop for weeks, and now today I cannot get it to start.

The error during launch is "emulogix5868 has stopped working" and then you get the window to check for solution, close program, or debug.

In the Problem Details window we have:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SLChassisMon.exe
Application Version: 30.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5a0461a8
Fault Module Name: nvd3d9wrap.dll
Fault Module Version: 22.21.13.8573
Fault Module Timestamp: 59c8d9d8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00005a69
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt​

I tried rebooting, no change.
I tried using the "Repair" option in control panel. Same result.
I've tried starting the application normally and also "Run As Administrator". Same result.

I checked the Rockwell Knowledgebase and this site and can't find anything.

The last time it worked was about 12 hours ago. I've made no config changes, no updates were pushed, no patches applied.

Has anyone seen this before???

B.

This looks like an NVIDIA graphics driver issue. I would try installing a newer or older version of the drivers. I haven't had this problem specifically with Rockwell software, but a laptop I bought a few months ago had APPCRASH issues until I retreated to a previous version of the drivers. My laptop would initially fail some of the tests done by the Microsoft utility DxDiag, but passed them with the older driver installed.

This looks like an NVIDIA graphics driver issue.

You beat me to it! We have a Techconnect agreement so I submitted my question and got a reply today:

The issue with Emulate not working is related to a graphic driver that interferes with the software. The direct reason for this is under investigation. The work around is to rename to the nvd3d9wrap.dll file that is causing the issues. Its file location is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\CoProcManager\nvd3d9wrap.dll

Most people will just add a .0 to end. This information can be found in the KnowledgeBase article below:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/593137

I haven't had a chance to try it but I wanted to get this posted here before I forget to follow up.

Bill