Rslogix 5000 simulation

erivinoth

Hi Experts,

I bought RSLOGIX 5000 PROFESSIONAL v.30 software and i installed successfully. when I try to test my program it showing controller firmware version not compatible error. Please find the attached the error message.

I write a simple program and connect through Rslinx classic and I configured virtual controller.

When I try to download my program to virtual controller It showing this Error.

What should I do. Is RSLOGIX EMULATE 5000 v24 compatible with Studio 5000 v30 software?
Because when I saw YouTube both software’s are same version.

Kindly give me a solution for this problem.

error.jpg

Is RSLOGIX EMULATE 5000 v24 compatible with Studio 5000 v30 software?
You need the same version on Studio & Emulate to be able to go online. As far I know, the last version of Emulate 5000 is version 24, so you need a real controller if you want to test a version 30 application.

If you sign up for a user account on the Rockwell Automation website, you can use your purchasing information (i.e. product key and serial number) to search for related items you are allowed to download. Unless they've updated their policy, you should have access to the installers for all previous versions of a product you own, and your activation info should work for the previous versions too. I personally prefer to use version 20 of RSLogix and the emulator since I don't rely on any of their newer features. I haven't used anything over version 24, so my advice may be a bit outdated.

I've had bad luck trying to install/repair any Rockwell product that is older than a currently installed one. I would recover your activation and completely uninstall what you have before installing an earlier version.