Sadly, a step backwards in Studio v31

jstolaruk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Those that are using v31 may have noticed the new look, and that's fine and dandy, but the multiple window feature in the editting area is no longer. Earlier versions allowed two windows to be tiled next to each other. For instance the Controller Tag window tiled next to a ladder editor. This has been redesigned to a single window with tabs; only one is visible at a time. Big loss for me.

I would revert to an earlier version but the 5069 Guardlogix processors are only programmable in v31.

C'mon RA, please fix it.

Currently I am doing also a project in V31. I learned that if I click with the mouse on the tab and drag it away from the row of tabs, the window is put in a "new" window that can float over the Studio5000 window. I used this to put two ladder diagram windows next to each other when using 2 monitors. :geek:

I assume the same thing can be done with the tag editor, but I have not tried that yet.

Sad things is it crashes a lot. But overall I like it.

Currently I am doing also a project in V31. I learned that if I click with the mouse on the tab and drag it away from the row of tabs, the window is put in a "new" window that can float over the Studio5000 window. I used this to put two ladder diagram windows next to each other when using 2 monitors. :geek:

I assume the same thing can be done with the tag editor, but I have not tried that yet.

Sad things is it crashes a lot. But overall I like it.

Ha! Basti504 you've saved the day, so the multi-window support is there, I wouldn't have thought of it. I right-mouse button clicked on the tabs and got nothing. Thanks again!

Last edited: