PTO and driver for step motor

Ce.O

Hi everyone.

Well, I'm going to work with the instruction PTO in PLC micrologix 1400 BXB, and I'm using a driver, but I'm not sure how I should do the conection between PLC and driver, because in the group2 (where I have the high speed outputs) there are 2 terminals: com2 and vdc2.

My questions are: vdc2 is 24v and com2 is ground? should I connect both?
and can I use 5v instead 24v?
I supposed that I should connect both and use 24 v. I attach some pictures.

Someone could explain me how to connect them please?

the link of the driver:https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=558523.0;attach=266385

OUTPUT.PNG HIGH speed.PNG

Hi Ce.O,
As per your attached drawing "OUTPUT.PNG"
Connect 24V DC to == VDC2
& NEUT DC to == COM2
For this connection you will get 24V DC at OUT2 & OUT3 terminal. (Source type output).
OR
Connect 24V DC to == COM2
& NEUT DC to == VDC2
For this connection you will get NEUTRAL DC at OUT2 & OUT3 terminal. (Sink type output).

Weidmuller
MCZ O 24VDC Is what you’ll need. I have some steppers as well with the same setup as you, to use a micrologix 1200 bxb. I just never got around to ordering them to try.

Hi Ce.O,
As per your attached drawing "OUTPUT.PNG"
Connect 24V DC to == VDC2
& NEUT DC to == COM2
For this connection you will get 24V DC at OUT2 & OUT3 terminal. (Source type output).
OR
Connect 24V DC to == COM2
& NEUT DC to == VDC2
For this connection you will get NEUTRAL DC at OUT2 & OUT3 terminal. (Sink type output).

NEUT DC is 0 volts? in the first example.
What about my driver? Its inputs works with 5v

NEUT DC is 0 volts? in the first example.
What about my driver? Its inputs works with 5v

YES. NEUT DC is 0 Volts.
Since your Driver works with 5V DC, You can connect
5V DC to == VDC2
0V DC to == COM2
So, you'll get 5V DC at OUT2, OUT3, OUT4, OUT5, OUT6, OUT7 (Group2)
Regards,
Sagar K

YES. NEUT DC is 0 Volts.
Since your Driver works with 5V DC, You can connect
5V DC to == VDC2
0V DC to == COM2
So, you'll get 5V DC at OUT2, OUT3, OUT4, OUT5, OUT6, OUT7 (Group2)
Regards,
Sagar K

Really? My plc can work with 5v?
I attached a picture where the voltage was 24v or I'm wrong?

Really? My plc can work with 5v?
I attached a picture where the voltage was 24v or I'm wrong?

Yes.
Outputs of Micrologix 1400 are Relay type.
So, If whatever voltage you give to VDC2 you will get that same in Your OUT2,3,4,5,6&7 (it should be <= 24V DC )
So, if you give 5V DC to VDC2 , you will get 5V DC at Outputs.

Yes.
Outputs of Micrologix 1400 are Relay type.
So, If whatever voltage you give to VDC2 you will get that same in Your OUT2,3,4,5,6&7 (it should be <= 24V DC )
So, if you give 5V DC to VDC2 , you will get 5V DC at Outputs.

But in that group (output 2, 3,4 5, 6, y 7), I have FET output, not relay type.
Are you sure about that?
The others output are relay type, because of that reasons I'm asking about how to control my driver with 24v because they are FET output
am I wrong?

Glad you looked up specifications. Does your drive need 5 volts for pulse and direction?
Connect your plc output to the input of the MCZ O 24VDC. Then connect output of the MCZ O 24VDC to your drive. You will need a 5vdc power supply.