PLC Used in Toyota plants

hein123

Just want know which PLCs are used in Toyota plants and is it a standard worldwide.

Thought they used mitsubishi PLCs but geared yesterday they have there own type.

I once worked with a guy who was doing a project to take out some old TOYOPUC PLCs and replace them with Mitsubishi.

Not that I would know but I am pretty sure they also have some Omron and AB. Mainly Mitsubishi though.

I used to work for Automation Direct and back in those days they purchased a lot of Koyo based equipment from us but this was about 10 years ago when i was working there.

Not sure what the situation is these days.

I have actually been to Toyota City in Japan. They use mostly Mitsubishi but Toyota is not really interested in buying individual controllers. They buy the whole machine. While it is preferred Mitsubishi is on the machine it is the machine that is most important.

I was there trying to sell Toyota motion controllers. Toyota has RMCs in battery testing machines but they were integrated by a division of Parker Fluid Power. Toyota didn't seem to be interested in integrating themselves. BTW, we are a Mitsubishi alliance partner.

Just want know which PLCs are used in Toyota plants and is it a standard worldwide.

Thought they used mitsubishi PLCs but geared yesterday they have there own type.

Toyopuc is the standard for Toyota, there are some Hybrid systems that are a combination of Toyopuc and Controllogix only because of the limitations of Toyopuc's PC3 and associated hardware.

They may buy turn-key systems with different PLC types but there standard is Toyopuc.

Last edited: