anyone else plagued by Indusoft can't find key?

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just started happening.
I am using a Sentinel usb dongle for Indusoft development.
It doesn't find the key and says I got like 32 minutes now of trial development.
I un install, re install, and it is good. But then exactly two days later, every time, it happens again.

Before anyone trolls me w/ "call Indusoft tech support". Duh, I've obviously gone there first to no avail.

The Rainbow/Sentinel USB dongles that Indusoft uses for hardware keys have been the most trouble-free activation device I've ever used. I use them with VMWare and even with a USB-over-Internet redirection program with almost no difficulty.

If you're experiencing "random" disconnections, it's very likely a matter of damaged hardware on the dongle itself or your USB host devices.

Reading Windows USB fault logs is like black magic; if I were in a situation where the USB dongle wasn't working, I would switch out the hardware (buy a new dongle and have them reactivate it) and use a fresh USB hub connected to a known-good USB host port on your PC.

dongle is fine, as the problem doesn't follow the dongle. If I move it to one of my hmi's no problem.

Probably not even Indusofts fault. As I haven't had the problem for over 7 years.
Probably some other piece of software doing it.

I suspected SoMachine, as I noticed the problem after installing it.
I un installed SoMachine losing a SoMachine license (f***k) and it is still happening, so probably not SoMachine.

currently running in oracle virtual box w/ XP ok.
Last time I tried running it in Oracle, it wouldn't recognize the dongle. But that was years ago. Glad I tried again.

The new sensors in the dongle detect attitude.
It's a method to stop the programmer being too pleased with himself and helps with false feelings of superiority.
Once those are subdued, it will return to normal

The new sensors in the dongle detect attitude.
It's a method to stop the programmer being too pleased with himself and helps with false feelings of superiority.
Once those are subdued, it will return to normal

lol
ego = checked

my quote: "It works exactly as programmed"

update: It is definitely not the dongle. Dongle works on every other slot.
think of the dongle as my ex.

I inherited support of a Indusoft system that has two dongles, one for programming and one for runtime, and it sometimes barks at us that the wrong dongle is installed (even though it isn't) but it seems to just keep on running...

I inherited support of a Indusoft system that has two dongles, one for programming and one for runtime, and it sometimes barks at us that the wrong dongle is installed (even though it isn't) but it seems to just keep on running...

It barks at me one one I inheritated (6.1) and then closes itself after 72 hours. I leave both plugged in and just disable the dev one when not needing it. Via device manager