ASCII on Panelview 800

garyjm68

Hi,

I have a Panelview 800 HMI connected to a CompactLogix 5370 PLC.

I have a ASCII string data tag within the PLC which I want to display on the HMI.

I can insert a string box on the HMI however it displays the decimal equivalant of the ASCII character. I want to display the ASCII character so that I can display letters and symbols as well as numbers. I have attached a screen capture showing the Tag's address structure.

Can anyone help?

Thanking you

CCW string tag.JPG

Similar Topics

Hi, I've imported a Panelview project for use in a new Panelview Plus (using RSView Studio) and I'm having trouble getting the Panelview Plus to...
Replies
Views
I would like to send a simple ASCII string from a PanelView 550 Printer port with a button press. String Sample: ABCDF 1 Any Ideas?
Replies
Views
I've followed all the steps from Rockwell to use the KepWare UCONN driver to transmit ascii data out of the serial port on this PV+. No matter...
Replies
Views
I am trying to capture ASCII from a keyboard attached to a PanelView Plus 1000 with RSView ME. Anyone ever done this or know how?
Replies
Views
I am receiving some ASCII values into my PLC via a barcode scanner. Does anyone know how I can get these strings to display on a panelview? We are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom