You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 31st, 2020, 01:34 PM   #16
Operaghost
United States

The Global Object definitions do not have to have values entered. In post #2 we can see it is not being used. You can use a parameter file or parameter list instead.

Parameters are "plugged in" when the display loads or is refreshed. Check the button/object that opens this display. Look to see if they are using the parameter list/file option.

I don't know if you are using ME or SE but you could even have a button on that same display that uses the "display command (SE) or a GoTo button (ME). This would act to refresh the display using a different set of parameters.

OG

Last edited by Operaghost; July 31st, 2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old July 31st, 2020, 01:49 PM   #17
N20D5OH
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operaghost View Post
The Global Object definitions do not have to have values entered. In post #2 we can see it is not being used. You can use a parameter file or parameter list instead.

Parameters are "plugged in" when the display loads or is refreshed. Check the button/object that opens this display. Look to see if they are using the parameter list/file option.

I don't know if you are using ME or SE but you could even have a button on that same display that uses the "display command (SE) or a GoTo button (ME). This would act to refresh the display using a different set of parameters.

OG
I'm using ME. I appreciate the response. This makes a lot of sense now. I'll check the button that loads that screen and see what is going on and if parameters are being loaded.

*Edit - You're correct, this seems to be where it's being generated. Now I just need to understand exactly what this file is doing.

Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: png Parameter LIst.png (41.7 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by N20D5OH; July 31st, 2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old July 31st, 2020, 02:16 PM   #18
Operaghost
United States

Excellent! You're welcome

OG
Old July 31st, 2020, 03:31 PM   #19
ElectroRazr
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20D5OH View Post
I totally understand this methodology of programming, I use it often with Siemens Functions. I'm still struggling to understand WHERE the 2nd part of the address is called. #1 is obvious to me, it's basically the driver/link to the PLC. The #4 is where I'm still confused. I understand you can have multiple instances of the same global object, I'm just not seeing where the bit that it's toggling is called out. I really hope I don't seem as stupid as I feel right now, I'm just not seeing where that tag is set per instance.

Thank you guys for all the help. It's been a while since I've been out of my comfort zone, hence the lack of posts over the years.
The #4 is your PLC tag for your button. You are correct that the #1 is the link to the PLC. So where I work I have global objects and I have some screens that have the same global object duplicated 15 times on the same screen yet they all display different information because in this case that #4 parameter value points to different buttons.
Old August 1st, 2020, 08:18 AM   #20
N20D5OH
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroRazr View Post
The #4 is your PLC tag for your button. You are correct that the #1 is the link to the PLC. So where I work I have global objects and I have some screens that have the same global object duplicated 15 times on the same screen yet they all display different information because in this case that #4 parameter value points to different buttons.
Thanks for all the help guys. I don't know why, but I had to uninstall and reinstall to be able to see the Global Object parameters in the instance. I greatly appreciate the guidance and patience.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum