PCS7 License issues

usedplcs

Hi All,

Have returned to work on a PCS7 system which was left fully licensed and operational. Today when I arrived I find the following. Image attached.

The system is 2 * OS and 1 * ES

This was left fully licensed with the correct licenses and now states they are missing. What could have caused this and how would I correct?

I have heard that someone may have duplicated OS on PC1 and put it on OS1
! Would this cause problems.

The system is configured and redundant.

Thanks in advance
Rob

__error.jpg

The licenses are encrypted to the serial number of the hard drive they are installed on.

If the system was cloned the new hard drive it was on would have a different serial number. This is not the number reported when a drive is formatted - an actual unique number on the circuit of the hard drive itself.

To get this running you would have to open ALM on the original computer, move the activations to a flash drive, then move them onto this computer.

If the original computer is a wipe then you may have to get the original paperwork and call Siemen's Tech Support.

EDIT: If they are trying to run a second installation they will have to buy more licenses.

Thanks for the information, The hard drives haven't been changed. I think an Engineer has made a change to the Project on the ES and then duplicated it onto OS & OS1.

They are fully legitimate licenses so should have Paper Certificates etc from Siemens in the firesafe hopefully.
So are the projects licensed aswell? Would this cause the issues?

Thanks for your support
Robin

I am not sure about WinCC RT, maybe someone else here knows more about that, but maybe the project is tied to a license and if copied to another OS on another hard drive it would not have the correct encryption. My guess.

In PCS7, the OS servers each require RunTime Process Objects, for the tags and the archives. The licenses are loaded onto each Server in the OS pair. Your original statement is a little confusing, not sure what you mean by this:
"I have heard that someone may have duplicated OS on PC1 and put it on OS1"

If someone tried to take a single OS to redundant OS, then you would need to purchase the exact licenses on the single to install on the 2nd OS, plus the redundancy license.

WinCC graphic changes are made on the ES, and then downloaded to the OS servers. The ES is the home to "project, or Multi-project".