Compact Logix L32E - Can't connect

alive15

Good morning, I am having some issues connecting to my plc via ethernet. There is a 9-pin RS232 I can connect to however.

The ethernet cable runs from PLC to an unmanaged switch, which goes to the outside of my control panel. I know the ethernet port is working, cause it's communicating well with my robot via ethernet (fanuc r30iA). Funny enough, it does not communicate with my C-more hmi however.

When I open RS Linx, it sees the ip address of the plc, but when I press the '+' next to it, RS Linx freezes for few seconds, then the '+' changes to '-', but nothing it shown below it.

I can ping both my plc and hmi via my laptop however?

Any troubleshooting help is appreciated, thanks!

I would start by verifying all your network settings -- in particular make sure the subnet settings match and all devices are on the same subnet.

Was the HMI previously connected and communicating?

Check the link status of the cable that connects your computer to the patch port then to the switch.

PING the CompactLogix address.

Check HTTP by entering the CompactLogix address into a Web browser.

If both of those work, *then* you can start troubleshooting RSLinx Classic, by deleting the Harmony files or reinstalling the EDS file.