Xmas 2017 Puzzle (3)

L D[AR2P#0.0]

Lifetime Supporting Member
A logic puzzle to finish off the holidays:

Four electric cars need to be moved 32km from A to B
The speeds of the cars are as follows:
Tesla 80m/s, Mirai 40m/s, e-Golf 20m/s, Leaf 10m/s
There is only one battery pack available which is interchangeable between all cars, and one tow rope. When a car is towed, the slowest of the two cars has to do the towing.
What is the smallest time needed to get all 4 cars from A to B (ignore accel/decel and the time taken to change battery packs and tow rope)

Answer by pm.

Several answers so far,

8000 secs and 6400 secs. There is a smaller time possible (without any pushing of cars).

It's not specified in the puzzle, but a car can only tow one other car using the tow rope, i.e it can't be looped from car to car effectively allowing one car to tow all the others and do it in one trip.