Handshake between WW Historian and AB PLC

wesselvos

Hiya,

Currently at a customer and they requested me to setup a handshake between the SCADA Server running WW Historian and the PLC since its in a seperate office environment.

Now i have some experience with WW Historian and added an analog tag. My idea was to count up this tag in the PLC and have the Historian reset it when it gets above 500 for example (5000 would cause a communication alarm). The problem is i have no idea how to reset the counter in Historian.

Note that i want the alarm to trigger in the PLC and appear on the HMI. (which i know how to do)

Im using the DASABCIP driver to get tags out of my PLC.

Im guessing this shouldnt be too hard, any ideas?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone, Can you guys please clear the concept of handshaking between PLC and Robots? Let's assume very common example A factory has a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a scenario where a machine is building boxes of widgets (we shall say...) and the boxes eject down a conveyor to another...
Replies
Views
I got the two processors communicating over DH+. In the PLC5 I have the following rung. N52:0/0 ........... N50:96/0 ---|\|-----------------( )...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have some batch files to run on a PanelView via the Program Launcher ActiveX. Those batch files use the inbuilt FTP client to pull files...
Replies
Views
Does anyone else toggle bits, or increment words as a messaging technique? To start a sequence or process I will hold a bit true (To avoid...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom