information on maths and sink and source conections in plcs

Hi im wondering if you can give me any brief and easy to understand information about maths such as func20/21/22/23/24/25 and how it works in plcs,also some information about how sink and source connections works with pnp and npn sensors and how they work in plcs.this would be of great benefit for my studies.

many thanks richie

Richard,

As far as Sinking/Sourcing, and NPN/PNP, do a search, on-site (it's at the top of the page) for Sinking or Sourcing.

You will find tons of interesting discussions on both.

As far as "func20/21/22/23/24/25"... what makes you think any one knows what these are? Are you assuming that your PLC is the only one out there and that we are all using that particular PLC?

Not so. There are many different PLCs. And many of them use the same function numbers for different functions.

What PLC are you talking about?

Thanks very much for your help on what sinking and sourcing means th
e file is excellent and explains it very well.Regards what fnc 20/21etc mean and the type of plc im using it is a mitsubishi fxon and all i wanted to know is there any information about these arithmetic and logical operations.fnc20means to add,fnc21 to subtract/fnc 22 to multiply/23means to divide and fnc24 and 25 mean increment and decrement i just asking to see if there is anything to help me understand this a bit better.
sorry for not explaining myself very well my apologies.
Regards richie