How to Populate Descriptors automatically through each Level of a UDT

latchpad

Is it possible to auto populate descriptors of bits through multiple layers of UDTs?

For example, I want the Highlighted bit in the attached pic to be descripted as
"T3 Infeed Conveyor Pos A Stopper At Extended State" but it only shows "T3 Infeed Conveyor" and "At Extended State" but not Pos A Stopper. It seemed to skip over the Second layer of the UDT Description.

is there a solution for this? or do I have to populate each description bit by bit.
It seems insane to me that you would have to do that...

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Is it possible to auto populate descriptors of bits through multiple layers of UDTs?

"T3 Infeed Conveyor Pos A Stopper At Extended State" but it only shows "T3 Infeed Conveyor" and "At Extended State" but not Pos A Stopper. It seemed to skip over the Second layer of the UDT Description.

is there a solution for this? or do I have to populate each description bit by bit.

Thanks

I have looked for a way to document bits within words for UDTs, when new UDTs are created. I have not found a solution.

If you find a solution, please post ... since I would be interested in the solution as well

Thanks

hmm, I have never noticed that before, it might be easier to prefix the descriptions with Pos A Stopper

I thought about doing that...but then I would need a separate UDT for each position, even they will be the same, just having different descriptors...defeats the purpose doesn't it? although I might have to do it

In your Options/Ladder, what are the maximum lines for descriptor set to?
You also have to have "Show Pass-Through Descriptions" and 'Append to Base Tag Descriptions" in the Options | Application | Display tab.

You also have to have "Show Pass-Through Descriptions" and 'Append to Base Tag Descriptions" in the Options | Application | Display tab.

That option seems to be missing in later revisions.

But no difference.

Maybe something I need to talk to the product group about.

The "Show Pass-Through Descriptions" and 'Append to Base Tag Descriptions" dont show up in the studio file I am using, But i have seen them in the RS logix 5000 file I am referencing. the Maximum lines for descriptors is 20, which is the maximum it will allow.

thanks

That option seems to be missing in later revisions.

But no difference.

Maybe something I need to talk to the product group about.

Good luck with that.
I have the same 3 pages of FTView bugs since about 2000 that have never been resolved. Even though I give them to the R. developers at least once a year. I keep getting promised "Fixed in next patch/release".

Well, they actually did remove 3 bugs from my list, but that still leaves over 150.

/shrug