new job and I am rusty

jimcav

I have 5 production lines and one piece of portable equipment. the portable device needs to move to each production line from time to time, every thing is using control logix. I only have 1 input left on the portable machine. I was thinking of setting up a repeat cycle timer on the production lines each with a different timing cycle. when the portable machine is connected to the production line it would it would identify the timing cycle for the machine that it is connected to. Need some help with the ladder.

Thanks
Jim Cav

Have each of the fixed machines turn on an output for a different period of time. The input on the portable machine will connect to that output.
In the portable machine use a one-shot from the off-to-on transition of the input to start a timer. Use a one-shot from the on-to-off transition of the input to capture the timer's accumulated value and reset it. Use comparison instructions with the captured value to determine which machine the portable machine is connected to.
Also use the input signal to increment a counter instruction and wait until the counter has an accumulated value greater than 1 before timing the input signal to ensure that you're not timing a partial cycle of the input signal. Reset the counter when you first connect the portable machine.