Panelview Plus 7 Screenshot & Email?

ammauric

A customer is familiar with C-more's capability of taking a screenshot of a screen and emailing it when conditions are met, but they currently have Panelview Plus 7's...

Is anyone familiar with an ability to take a screenshot (I assume through ActiveX) of the current screen and then use the email functionality to send it? I'm pretty light on ActiveX usage.

Thanks for the input... but it doesn't help solve the problem.

The customer wants to find a solution using existing hardware due to company-wide preferred supplier standards and spare part stores.

Replacing a system with a one-off isn't going to fly.

A customer is familiar with C-more's capability of taking a screenshot of a screen and emailing it when conditions are met, but they currently have Panelview Plus 7's...

Is anyone familiar with an ability to take a screenshot (I assume through ActiveX) of the current screen and then use the email functionality to send it? I'm pretty light on ActiveX usage.
Hi, what are they trying to accomplish? taking screenshots and sending them off does not sound like a sustainable solution?

The panel in question is a remote terminal, when a particular fault occurs (to be defined) they want a screenshot of a status page sent to a mailing list of maintenance personnel immediately.

I don't know why select relevant data isn't suitable, I suggested that. It would certainly be easier, but this is their request.

The panel in question is a remote terminal, when a particular fault occurs (to be defined) they want a screenshot of a status page sent to a mailing list of maintenance personnel immediately.

I don't know why select relevant data isn't suitable, I suggested that. It would certainly be easier, but this is their request.

Hi, this sounds like an ideal use case for a Rockwell offering called FactoryTalk Metrics.

Hmm, perhaps, I'll suggest it, but I'm not sure if they want it standalone on the panel or to have this operating on a server elsewhere. It does sound more robust and ideal though.

Typical customer:
Hey this brand of interface does this,,,,,,
Can you make this completely different brand do it???
:confused:
No help sorry ...... Just mini rant

Hmm, perhaps, I'll suggest it, but I'm not sure if they want it standalone on the panel or to have this operating on a server elsewhere. It does sound more robust and ideal though.
yes, it would be server, central based. doing local custom kinda once off non traceable configurations causes problems for the next person.

As I said before, 7 inch Maple Systems HMI $495.00!

So if your going to re-vamp hardware you may want to look at.

I don't work for Maple Systems but I have 100's in the field and they have NOT cause me the first problem (over 5 years). Between all of the "Objects" they offer and the Macro's, I don't think there would be anything they can't do that the PanelView is doing.

Now this is just my opinion!

Typical customer:
Hey this brand of interface does this,,,,,,

Or the often heard:

"You have PLC software on your laptop, so connect to this [never before seen, 20 year old] PLC and make some changes for us.

For the OP : You don't say what PLC it is, could that PLC send emails on conditions?

Or the often heard:

"You have PLC software on your laptop, so connect to this [never before seen, 20 year old] PLC and make some changes for us.

For the OP : You don't say what PLC it is, could that PLC send emails on conditions?

hey, if there is an app for it it can do it, lol.