DIN Rail - Spacing of fasteners

ltrail

Siemens, in their Systems Manual for S7-200, says that DIN rail should be fastened on 75mm centers. What has been the general industry practice? Three inches (a little more than 75mm) seems to close a spacing to me; one who has never constructed a panel before. Would some like to share with me their experience on this? Thanks :cool:

Yes, 75mm sounds a little overkill. A screw every 150mm or so has worked fine for me for many years. I use Omron PFP-100N aluminum DIN rail.

If you know you're going to attach something REALLY heavy, you can throw in an extra screw between the others. I usually attach REALLY heavy items directly to the panel though.

beerchug

-Eric