Problems with connection to s7 414 2DP

arturnok

Hello Gentelmans,
In the begin please be patient, I'm new to ethernet communication with PLC's :rolleyes:
Could anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I'm not able to establish ethernet connection with my s7 414 2DP PLC with CP 443-1 card.
Station is connected to wifi router via normal ethernet cable.
My pc is connected wireless to the same router.
In Simatic Manager there is no Accessible Nodes if I check it...
I use Virtual Machine XPMode on Win 7.
Connection via PCadapter is OK.
thanks,

HWConfig_cr.jpg netPro_cr.jpg PGinterface_cr.jpg

Can you ping the CP module?
Does a Ctrl-D for the CPU or CP module work?
Depending on HW, the station may not show up in accessible nodes.
How is the PG network adapter configured?

You have set a router IP in the configuration of the CP443-1. Is that the IP of the router on the side that is connected to the CP443-1 ? If yes, then it should work.

Can you ping the CP443-1 ?

thanks for respond,
Can you ping the CP module?
well, command prompt in virtual machine on win7 doesn't recognize ping command... even ipconfig /all...
Does a Ctrl-D for the CPU or CP module work?
Module Information gives me the message:
Connection couldn't be established. The connection partner is not responding.
How is the PG network adapter configured?
I've choosen ISO Ind.Ethernet- is that correct?
In configuration of IP adress I put the adreses from my network configuration (IP, Gateway etc)

PGinterface_cr.jpg

You have set a router IP in the configuration of the CP443-1. Is that the IP of the router on the side that is connected to the CP443-1 ? If yes, then it should work.

Can you ping the CP443-1 ?
gatway I have set the same for both- PG, and CP443-1 is 192.168.131.254 what is the addres of my gatway from network properities.

I've choosen ISO Ind.Ethernet- is that correct?
No. Select always TCP/IP.

gatway I have set the same for both- PG, and CP443-1 is 192.168.131.254 what is the addres of my gatway from network properities.
That cant be right. Unless somehow have mixed the two sides of the router into one network, which I doubt.
Most probably you must have a fixed IP on the LAN side of the router, and this IP must be set as the router for the CP443-1.
And, on the wifi side of the router, it is a DHCP server for your PG.

Here is an example:
PLC (fixed IP=192.168.1.10 Router=192.168.1.20) --(cable)-- [(fixed IP 192.168.1.20)Router LAN port / Router wifi port (DHCP server)] ...(wifi)... PC (IP = via DHCP)

Last edited:
So, If my gateway from network is 192.168.131.254 I asign it to CP334-1. What IP addres I have to assign?
And for the other side, if DHCP makes all work, I can delete PG/PC from NetPro?
And how can I ping that guy on that damn VMachine? :)

Why do you need to set a router address when the CP and PG are on the same sub net?
I thought to indicate all addresses to be sure they can talk together..
For now I'm using USB-adapter, but later I must to figure out why they don't talk together using TCP/IP..:unsure:
thanks and I'll inform you gentelmans,

Hello Gentelmans,
The problem is resolved.
In Set PG/PC Interface, TCP/IP Properities I had to mark "Do not assign IP addresses automatically". This is one thing.
Another thing is, that I had to assign addresses from Win7, not from VirtualMachine :confused: Well...

Mike you were right, In the TCP/IP interface, the station is not shown up in accessible nodes. In MPI interface- yes.

Another thing. I could download configuration with all addresses from NetPro using USB- adapter. What if I don't have it? :unsure:

thanks again Gentelmans!

Last edited: