VersaMax Real Time Clock

Tom Jenkins

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are doing our first project using the GE VersaMax PLC, CPU Model IC200CPU001. We are using a QuickPanel Jr. touchscreen operator interface, Model QPK2D100L2P. Programming software is Cimplicity Machine Edition Ver. 4.0

We need to control some functions based on time of day. The CPU has a real time clock, but we can't determine the appropriate registers or functions to access the time of day. We consequently also haven't been able to set up the QuickPanel Jr. to adjust the real time clock. We have searched the disk's help files and contacted the distributor's tech support.

Can any one get us pointed in the right direction? Once we can read the time and copy it to %R registers we won't have any trouble with the compares, etc.

You access the RTC in the VersaMax the same way you do in the 90-30, via Service Request (SVC_REQ) #7. Cahpter 11 of GFK-1503 has the details. Execute the SVC_REQ function every scan or as often as needed. It puts the time and date information into registers that you define, either as BCD or ASCII data.

Tom,

GE puts out a disk called InfoLink for PLC, it has all the manuals and everything you need for all of GE's PLCs. If you don't have one already I would suggest asking your local distributor for one, it is a great resource.

If you can't get your hands on one I have an older 2001 version that I could send you.