SFC Question

Sceptre

if my action is a very simple like:

IF READY = TRUE THEN
NEXTSTEP := TRUE;
END_IF;

And my transistion is simply NEXTSTEP. If READY is a variable that is set externally, will the action continue to check the if statement until READY becomes true? or will the code continue on?

there are no other branches

Question a bit vague, but I'll try...

As a guess, I'll assume we're talking about ControlLogix.

If READY is a variable that is set externally, will the action continue to check the if statement until READY becomes true?
YES

If you're having some problem, perhaps the tag "READY" is not scoped properly. i.e. the SFC program has a program-scope tag called READY and another (ladder?) program has another program-scope tag also called READY.