Panelview plus .mer

Welcome to the Forum !

This is a five-year-old thread and should not be resurrected because it does not contain modern information.

PanelBuilder32 cannot open *.MER file... it supports only the obsolete PanelView Standard terminals and their *.PBA and *.PVA files.

To work with any PanelView Plus terminal, you need FactoryTalk View Studio ME software.

This is basic A-B distributor level stuff; get in touch with your local distributor and discuss what you already have and what you need to work on your automation systems. Westburne is the A-B distributor in British Columbia (province-wide, as far as I know).

If you have a specific question about your application, determine (if you can) what firmware revision the *.MER was created with, and please create a new thread to ask those questions in.

*.MER files for a PanelView Plus need different software.
PB32 is only for the older PanelView terminals with *.pva or *.pba files.

PanelView Plus (gray plastic) uses FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition
PanelView Standard (black plastic) use PanelBuiler32

If the *.MER file is version 4 or earlier, FTView Studio will not open it. But there are tricks to recover some of the project