551 no connection to plc with address 2

SLaubach

hello i am having problems with an OP37 showing error 551 intermittently and then the OP will shut down and restart automatically. Did anyone ever run into this issue before?
thanks scott

#551 AS address 2
not possible

Losing communication, any OP that is programmed when powere looks for a connection, if it doesnt find one it will give that message. Try another OP if you have 1 and see if it does it. If it does WORK the comm port or communications for the plc or the cable has a problem, if it doesnt then that OP more then likely has a problem

Last edited:
Thanks Ron
i threw in an old OP37 that was supposed to be sent out for touchpad membrane repairs 3 months ago....thank god for our inept purchasing people!

I am glad it worked for you, I have read my post over and over and I know it doesnt sound right, but I reckon you got the gist of it.

OP3 #551 AS address 2 not possible

I have three machines are similar and work with op3 which one op3 is defected.
I bring new one and after install it and after connected with PLC 200 is appear this massage #551 AS address 2 not possible please help me for this problem

#551 AS address 2
not possible

Losing communication, any OP that is programmed when powere looks for a connection, if it doesnt find one it will give that message. Try another OP if you have 1 and see if it does it. If it does WORK the comm port or communications for the plc or the cable has a problem, if it doesnt then that OP more then likely has a problem