software and manual assistance

Yes it is possible to hard code the timer value or write it from the touch screen. If from touchscreen, choose the preset tag for the timer say "Timer99.Pre". So any value changed on this tag is changing your timer preset values

Yes it is possible to hard code the timer value or write it from the touch screen. If from touchscreen, choose the preset tag for the timer say "Timer99.Pre". So any value changed on this tag is changing your timer preset values

Hi thanks chavak,

Thanks for your response I learnt it by working in rslogix 5000 demo version .

now I have another control doubt like

I have 6 Fans which is connected to the HMI through a PLC

the operator will select any sequence in which he wants to fan to run for exampl ( fan3,4,2,5,1,6 ) or any other sequece of combination and click start

So how can this be programmed in ladder logic because each time he will be selecting different combination based upon which the fans should .

please any suggestions ideas .Thanks in advance

AEC,

There are several methods to run motors in a sequence. The easiest in RSLogix5000 is probably to use a SQL (Sequencer Load) to move the sequence from your HMI to the PLC, then use a SQO (Sequencer Output) to start the next output each time SQO is triggered with a start input. This input can be operator controlled or timer controlled or whatever needed to start the next fan.

AEC,

There are several methods to run motors in a sequence. The easiest in RSLogix5000 is probably to use a SQL (Sequencer Load) to move the sequence from your HMI to the PLC, then use a SQO (Sequencer Output) to start the next output each time SQO is triggered with a start input. This input can be operator controlled or timer controlled or whatever needed to start the next fan.

No the operator will select his own sequence by clicking on the fans (1,3,5,6,2,4 or anything else and then click start
then the fans should operate in that sequen with certain time limits each.

How to use sqo :confused:

sqo.jpg

No the operator will select his own sequence by clicking on the fans (1,3,5,6,2,4 or anything else and then click start
then the fans should operate in that sequen with certain time limits each.
What do you mean "No"? If you don't like my suggestions, then just ignore them!

So the operator selects his own sequence - big deal. Now you must have a way to convert that sequence of numbers to PLC outputs. I suggested using a SQO and loading your OPERATOR SELECTED SEQUENCE into the SQL. After that, it is easy to use the SQO to "unload" (start each fan in sequence). But since you said "no" then use your own ideas!

Lancie1,

Sorry I did not mean to say no to your suggestion it is my language problem sorry I will try to improve my English .

What I meant by no is the operator would not select the sequence after each fan has stopped he will select at ones and then he would select start . Then the fans should run in sequence .

But acctually you understood correct .

Sorry about my English. But I will improve sorry again.
I will go through the sqo and sql but if u have any example it would help me understand more.

Advice and suggestions from experienced person like you helps me a lot.
Thank you :site:

the operator would not select the sequence after each fan has stopped. he will select at ones and then he would select start. Then the fans should run in sequence.
In which case a Sequencer Output instruction can solve the problem.

But first, you will need to do some calculations at the beginning of your PLC program to convert the Fan Numbers (1,3,5,6,2,4) to the equivalent PLC Hexadecimal Output Numbers. For example, if you can use PLC Slot 2, Outputs 1,2,3,4,5,and 6 for the 6 fans, then your conversion equation would be:

PLC Output = 2^(Fan Number), where Fan Number = 1,2,3,4,5,or 6

For example, if the Fan number is 3, then the PLC Output = 2^3 = Hexadecimal 8 (binary 1000) or Output O:2/3.

You can use the Sequencer Load (SQL) to move these numbers into the Sequencer File, or you can do it manually (your choice). Because you will have the numbers in your HMI already, probably your easiest method is just to do the conversion and save to the Sequencer File, without using the SQL.

Attached is an example that shows these numbers loaded into a SQO, and the logic to start each fan in sequence and run for some time period. The last Rung 003 resets the Outputs, Timer, and SQO Position. If you want the sequence to always start where it last left off (after a Stop), then use a Retentive Timer (RTO), and do not reset the Timer and SQO Position.

The ZIP file is the LogixPro *.RSL RSLogix500 Simulator program.

Last edited:
Lancie1 ,

Sorry for the delay in reply I will study your program mean while I have tried my own sequence which is very basic I thought let me try it .

I think this sequence will work . Instead of six fan I have used three . Since I am using demo version I am attaching the file here by changing it from (.ACD) to (.doc )

sorry for the inconvenience after downloading please change it to (.ACD)

Also I dont know how to convert to .pdf :(

Since it is a demo version I am unable to simulate it
So it would be a great help if some one could check for the sequence whether it is working or not .(if time permits)

looking forward for your suggestion and advice's .

aec,

I have ran it on the emulator and it only works correctly on the first time around.

Think about what happens when you press the stop button, and the things you need to clear out before another sequence begins.

What I have got is the previous selections are still in the PLC, so when I input a second sequence, the first sequence starts again.

Mark

aec,

I have ran it on the emulator and it only works correctly on the first time around.

Think about what happens when you press the stop button, and the things you need to clear out before another sequence begins.

What I have got is the previous selections are still in the PLC, so when I input a second sequence, the first sequence starts again.

Mark

Thank you I get the point I am resetting only the counter .
I have used latch(L) instruction for int_bit[0] ,int_bit[1]…….. is it correct or normal ( )OTE is enough ????
When a value is moved to any address how long will it stay in that address????????
Until another value is loaded isn’t it??????

aec,

An OTE is all you will need. An integer will remain in the address until you move a different value into it, or you clear it out. You need to clear this out every time the stop button is pressed.

Seriously though IMHO I would look into what Lancie1 is telling you. The code you have got is only for 3 fans, and you need to be able to do 6.

Look at the PLC code for 3 fans and think what it will be like with 6 fans........Then think about the guy that has to debug your code.

Mark

I have few doubts are these elements in rslogix 500 and rslogix500 same?
B3:0/0 à int_bit [0]
B3:0/0 à int_bit [1]
B3:0/0 à int_bit [3]
B3:0/0 à int_bit [4]……………………..?????????????
And
B3:1/x à int_bit 1[x]
B3:2/x à int_bit 2[x]
Where x is number of bits 16 or 32 ?????????????????????
Sorry I think if you could help me understand B3:x/x in terms of rslogix 5000 inter bits I will be able to understand the sequence ?
In sqo what is Control R6:0 I read the manual but couldn’t get the idea , also will the destination file be incremented in the sqo ???? Is O:2 similar to tag output.[32]
Also the timer should be like for example if the sequence is
Then fan3 should work for 10 sec and shut off
then fan 2 for 10 sec and shut off
then fan 4 for 10 sec and shut off ……..like wise till fan 6

Now Iam trying to covert what lancie 1 ladder from logix pro to rslogix 5000 .
I am trying to move the value to internal bit "array.o"
"array.1" and "array.2"
but I get this error message
Error: Rung 2, MOV, Operand 1: Invalid member specifier.

for all the move instruction.
Then in sequencer
for array what I have to enter new "array" data type dint[32] tag ????

And I dont understand the use of mask , I went through the manual but it is not clear :confused:

I find it dificult to compare the program with rslogix 5000 tags and B3:0 ....:unsure:

In SQO, what is Control R6:0?I read the manual but couldn’t get the idea, also will the destination file be incremented in the SQO ???? Is O:2 similar to tag output.[32]
The RSLogix5000 online Help files can help you with these questions.

Control is 3 memory words that contain data used by the PLC to control the SQO. Normally you don't have to worry much about it, except to make sure not to use those 3 words for something else. Also, you might need to know the address for Length and Position (if you need to reset those outside of the normal SQO operation).

Notice that once the SQO reaches the last Position, the next input trigger will cause it to reset back to Position 1 (repeats the cycle, except the second time it does not start at Position 0).

Yes, the Destination file will increment by 1 for each time that the SQO input is triggered. On successive false-to-true transitions, the SQO instruction moves a step through the programmed sequencer file, transferring step data through a mask to a destination word.

Mask is a collection of bits that allow you to block or lock out any Output bits that you do not want to be changed by your SQO. This is useful where you already have some Outputs connnected out-of-sequence.
Control is the instruction’s address and control element (3 words) that stores the status byte of the instruction, the length of the file, and the position in the file. Do not use this address for any other instruction. Status bits in the control file include:

11 = ER (error bit)
13 = DN (done bit)
15 = EN (enable bit)

The control element:
________15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
Word 0 = EN_DN____ER
Word 1 = Length of sequencer file
Word 2 = Position
I am not qualified to answer your RSLogix5000 addressing questions. Others will help with that.

Also the timer should be like for example if the sequence is 3,2,4,5,1,6
Then fan3 should work for 10 sec and shut off
then fan 2 for 10 sec and shut off
then fan 4 for 10 sec and shut off ……..like wise till fan 6
That is exactly how my LogixPro program works. The SQO is a very powerful instruction that can control many Outputs, so use it carefully. Remember, the Outputs will be left in their last state, so you will need some method to turn them off if the Stop button is pressed. I used a Move to put "0" into the Output Word, which effectively turns OFF all outputs.

Last edited: