SIMOCODE pro V PN

pisoj

o_Oo_O

Dear all,

we have a SIMOCODE that is used to turn on/off some important pumps in the factory.
Communication is via PROFINET.
SW is TIA Portal.

We control in via HMI. Starting and stopping is working perfectly.
But we need the Simocode to keep the state of the command as it is in case of communication fault.
So, in other words if there is a communication fault and contactor was closed (pump was running), we want it to continue to run despite the communication fault.

We tried few solutions we recieved from Siemens support (disable watchdog, enable external fault and link it with bus fault, automatic reset of fault) and nothing worked.

So if anyone has ever done something similar, it would be really helpfull.

Thanks in advance!

o_Oo_O

But we need the Simocode to keep the state of the command as it is in case of communication fault.
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. In case of communication fault between whom? Between the HMI and the PLC?

Or between the PLC and the drive (which I am almost certain would not be possible, but I may be corrected by someone more learned in motion technology)?

What happens if you try disabling non-maintained command mode? Then it should be waiting for an "OFF" command instead of stopping when seeing start going low. Make sure PLC program is using both ON and OFF bits, so you can stop your pump in normal situation.

What happens if you try disabling non-maintained command mode? Then it should be waiting for an "OFF" command instead of stopping when seeing start going low. Make sure PLC program is using both ON and OFF bits, so you can stop your pump in normal situation.

Normal ON-OFF is not a problem, it was correct before.

Welcome to the forum. In case of communication fault between whom? Between the HMI and the PLC?

Or between the PLC and the drive (which I am almost certain would not be possible, but I may be corrected by someone more learned in motion technology)?

Yeah, sorry maybe I was not clear with communication loss...yes, it is between PLC and motor. It is not actually a drive hehe

Anyway now is working with communication loss.
If anyone is interested, I can post later the solution to forum.

Thanks for the replies, guys.