Citect Scada - Vijeo citect

rigicon

Been reading lots of citect post on this forum but one question not quite clear yet before we purchase citect.
Bar code into a HMI talking to Citect. Can I then access a database or does citect have its own database as the barcode will determine which way it goes on the conveyor controlled by some PLC's also talking to citect.:confused:

Your question is also far from clear !

Citect has no DB as such you can hold data in a disk device or files but it does not have SQL DB as standard, you can interface to one easily nough but depending on the speed you require you may be best doing the lookup of the data direct from the PLC or holding the barcodes in the PLC itself ?

Its a bit hard to add more without more information about the application, number of barcodes in the DB, required speeed, etc etc

tragically1969 Citect has no DB as such you can hold data in a disk device or files but it does not have SQL DB as standard, you can interface to one easily nough but depending on the speed you require you may be best doing the lookup of the data direct from the PLC or holding the barcodes in the PLC itself ?
Thanks for your input.
We have added training on Citect into the quote as we don't have experience with citect only wonderware. We probably will outsource some of the coding. Could be (financially)interesting tragically1969

The robots load & unload the injection moulding machine's of product they then stick a barcode (could be RF ID still awaiting commercial decision) on the product from a bar code printer connected to our system. The product is then put on a conveyor.
Upstream the barcode is read again based on a lookup table it will stay on the conveyor or get pushed to another.
Also after x numer of products 1 will be diverted on the conveyor to be tested. Each product is to tracked and a file must be made and stored - hence the database aspect.