S7 1200 and Windows 7 issues

HJTRBO

Hey all,

Just wanted to let who ever is reading that I have had isses with compiling hardware and communicating to the PLC when running this software under Windows 7.

Re-installing TIA portal didn't work.

Changing OS back to XP has fixed my issues.

HTH

Software requirements
STEP 7 version V10.5 (32-bit version) is released for the following operating systems:
  • Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3
  • Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Business SP1
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
Note
STEP 7 Basic V10.5 is not released for Windows 7 and Windows Vista SP2 (64-bit version).

So this is not surprising

So this is not surprising

To true.

Problem is they let you install it any way. Like a kid at Christmas with a new toy on it goes! I would not be suprised if there are many people out there who have no problems what so ever running this on Win7.

Siemens

It's better to stay a little behind with software from Siemens. When Siemens sells something new, the first buyers are test rabbits.

It's better to run it on XP as long as possible. Windows 7 is good, but Siemens software on Win 7 is brand new. They'll have several hot fixes and service packs before it will work nicely. Remember: When you install Siemens on Windows, you get Sindows :).

Vista is unstable, even without Siemens :).

To true.

Problem is they let you install it any way. Like a kid at Christmas with a new toy on it goes! I would not be suprised if there are many people out there who have no problems what so ever running this on Win7.