Schneider Unity Pro v7 Simulator Halt

moeen

Hi Guys

I've been given a code that I have to use to simulate a process. Unfortunately it causes the Unity pro inbuilt simulator to go into halt mode. Sometimes it happens as soon as I start the simulator, other times it halts after few seconds.
Running: Unity Pro V7 on windows 7
Status bits:
%S18 is set (Arithmetic error).
%SW125 is 16#DEF2 (Arithmetic error).
%SW126 (ERROR ADDRESS 0) is 16#B9BC.
%SW127 (ERROR ADDRESS 1) is also 16#773D.

The manual says the last two words should contain the instruction address. However I've no idea how to locate a particular instruction using this kind of address.

Many thanks for your help.
Regards,
Moeen.

Unity_error1.jpg

Last edited:
i also have no idea how those last two system words translate to anything useful.

but i would almost bet my house that somewhere the logic is dividing by zero. (can happen with the sim, because everything will be 0 where it wouldnt necassarily be in a real world app.)

%s18 is more specifically defined as Capacity overrun, error on a floating point or division by 0.

I have used Unity extensively from version 2.1 onwards, and have found the simulator to be pretty solid - until Unity 7 on Windows 7. But it seems it is just my PC. I have experienced the exact problem you describe on my PC, but if I run the same program on one of my colleagues PCs, the simulator runs fine without halting. I tracked the culprite to a div/0 which it normally handles with just a "INF", but on my PC (and mine alone) it halts.

Strangely, my simulator also halts when the screen saver comes on - the reason for which I am unable to identify.

Unity 7 is not certified on win 7. So try to avoid using this setup. But one thing I know is that Windows 7 air themes can cause unity to halt. Just disable the screen saver and use a basic windows theme, it should fix one of the problems.

I am sure Unity 7 is certified for use on Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.
The problem with the simulator will go away if you turn off Aero in windows