Emergency Stop return signal

pedro_nf

Hi all,
The Emergency Stop button is connected to the security relay etc and cuts the machine power. My question is not about the safety circuit side of the Emergency Stop but rather the information of its state (pressed or released), so I can display it in the screen. Should I use a Normally Closed (NC) contact or a Normally Open (NO) contact? Is there any rules or norms about that?
Thanks in advance,
Pedro

You can also get lighted estop buttons. I like to use lighted buttons with no status contacts.

+1 on g_mccormick's idea.

I used to work in a stamping plant where the automatic presses with feedlines could have up to 11 E-Stops on the line. If one was pressed it lit up, so no one had to walk around checking each one - it was the one that was lit.

I like to use lighted E Stops where possible.
and use N.C. contact back to the PLC inputs. That way I can use the input in the program as a stop command / run permissive and on the HMI to show what E-Stop is activated.
If I don't has all E-Stop inputs on you can't run. Also use it to do any housekeeping I need.

Lighted E-stop button with 2 N.C. contacts for the safety.

1 N.O. contact for the light (on when pressed) and use the same N.O. contact into the PLC if you have one