Other then easy access 2.0

Show use your setup of the UltraVNC Server on the remote computer.

I maybe wrong but... I dont think he can do this, he is using a Weintek (Weinview) HMI and I dont think he can install UltraVNC Server on the Weintek

Greg, why dont you post details of what you are trying to do? the word HMI is very vague and I dont think you mean a PC SCADA/HMI

It's a Maple systems HMI5070NL I am trying to see what I can do with it and see what I can with the remote I was told I can upload and download by remote and other stuff.

If the Hmi is on the same network all you have to do is enable the VNC server embedded in the maple Hmi.

Then on a computer or smartphone (That is on the same network) start your VNC client, enter the IP address of the HMI, when ask - enter 111111(assuming you have now changed) You will see your home screen (Make sure you have your "Backlight" to come on when a VNC client connects, otherwise your screen may be "BLACK".

Once connected this will be just as if you are standing in front of the hmi pressing buttons.

Now if you need to do this from the outside world (A different network) you will have to have the HMI on a (Static IP or at least some type of Address Reservation) and you will have to port forward 5900 to that IP.

Your Plant will also have to have a "STATIC PUBLIC IP" .

If all of the above is true then you can port forward "20248" to the HMI IP and then you will be able to "Download/Upload" from your EZBuilderPro software also.

If the Hmi is on the same network all you have to do is enable the VNC server embedded in the maple Hmi.

Then on a computer or smartphone (That is on the same network) start your VNC client, enter the IP address of the HMI, when ask - enter 111111(assuming you have now changed) You will see your home screen (Make sure you have your "Backlight" to come on when a VNC client connects, otherwise your screen may be "BLACK".

Once connected this will be just as if you are standing in front of the hmi pressing buttons.

Now if you need to do this from the outside world (A different network) you will have to have the HMI on a (Static IP or at least some type of Address Reservation) and you will have to port forward 5900 to that IP.

Your Plant will also have to have a "STATIC PUBLIC IP" .

If all of the above is true then you can port forward "20248" to the HMI IP and then you will be able to "Download/Upload" from your EZBuilderPro software also.

Will check it out in da morning thanksa

Greg: Easyaccess 2.0 license does come with certain HMI's. You generally just pay that license fee in the HMI cost. I got one from GiT not too long ago. Unfortunately, it seems that yours may not have that included.

Access: Okay, so your HMI should have a VNC server built in. We would need your exact HMI part number to confirm this. It should also be in the manual, and is in the software for the HMI system preferences. You can't just go arbitrarily installing remote viewer clients on most HMI's, and this needs to be examined and taken into consideration when purchasing an hmi. It also appears that you want to just be able to check out an HMI over a local network.

Now, for your IT part. Link your IT group to this part of the post so that they can see why/how this needs to happen:

If this HMI is on their local network, you can NOT run the risk of the address changing, as this is almost always hard coded in PLC programs. This can bring down the line. For this reason, the address needs to remain static. However, DHCP configuration is fine, as you can just add the HMI's MAC address to the DHCP pool. The problem with that approach is that when a new HMI is installed, the new HMI will pull a different IP address because it has a different MAC, and most machine techs are not going to link of this. For this reason, production equipment is best manually configured with a static IP address that is configured manually (or stored within a program) when the hardware is replaced. This allows for easy-peezy component swapping, especially when the program is stored on an SD card.

Additional notes:
Don't use realVNC use something else. I always have had issues with that one.

Even though your device's IP address may change, for the purpose of connecting via local network your can just use your device's host name, and it should be found regardless of IP address.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I'm going to reluctantly disagree with damica1 on his suggestion to port forward to get your VNC server to the outside world. For various reasons, you just don't have a VNC server sitting on the internet. They are highly insecure, much less a production system. They just aren't designed for that. Also, there is absolutely no way your IT department is going to forward any ports for you for any reason, especially if they won't even give you a static IP when asked. That being said, damica1 is the only reason I even know how to use easybuilder :).

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm going to reluctantly disagree with damica1 on his suggestion to port forward to get your VNC server to the outside world. For various reasons, you just don't have a VNC server sitting on the internet. They are highly insecure, much less a production system. They just aren't designed for that. Also, there is absolutely no way your IT department is going to forward any ports for you for any reason, especially if they won't even give you a static IP when asked. That being said, damica1 is the only reason I even know how to use easybuilder :).

Please let me be clear!

I am NOT recommending that he opens up ports to the outside world!

I am just providing information to the questions he ask. It will be his choice as to what he does with that information.

I did what damica1 said but I didn't do any port forwarding I enabled the VNC on the HMI's created a password and was able to connect to the HMI's haven't tried to upload or down load to them yet from my desk remotely yet I used the real VNC worked good to connect if you guys have any other makers of VNC to try please post them.....