plc wiring

syed

S
hi dear friends first time i am going to wiring plc.any one can give the idea about wiring.i have doubt common point(0v) to connect with eaarth(PE)

OK, step back from the PLC. Put your hands in your pockets. Take a deep breath.

A) If you are working with 120 VAC or above, call for qualified assistance. You cannot learn what you need to avoid damage to yourself or equipment from this site!

B) If you are working with 24 VDC and you can afford to replace hardware if you let the smoke out, go ahead and try to learn this on your own and on the fly.

Just remember: current flows from a point of higher potential to one of lower potential, and it needs a completed path to flow. Analyze every connection you want to make in light of this.

Also, remember Kirchoff's law - the sum of currents into and out of any point in a circuit must be equal.

And, as a point of nomenclature, PE is usually used in referring to earth ground, which is a safety concern and not intended to be a load carrying conductor. OV is usually a term used in reference to DC only, and wires from loads to 0V are intended to be load carrying conductors.

IT is acceptable by standards to connect the ground to the common side of the transformer (for AC) and/or power supply (DC). The ground should be denoted by a green(with or without yellow stripe) wire (European/Intl standards state green/yellow stripe).

Other items that may interest you:
BLACK - Ungrounded line, load and control conductor at line voltage
RED - Ungrounded AC control conductor, at less than line voltage
BLUE- Ungrounded DC control conductor
YELLOW- Ungrounded control conductor that main remain energized when main disconnect is off. ORANGE is European/Intl color for this.
WHITE/Natural GRAY-Grounded circuit conductors
WHITE/Blue stripe-Grounded dc conductors
LIGHT BLUE- Europeand/INTL for neutral conductor
WHITE/Yellow stripe-Grounded AC contro circuit conductors that remain enegized when main disconnect is off.

The YELLOW and White/Yellow stripe is used to show that the cabinet/panel has current carrying wires that are from a separate source than what is used in that cabinet/panel.

You may, if in US, want to obtain a copy of NFPA 79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery
OR a copy of IEC 204-1 if European/Intl

ESTOP/STOP Pushbuttons should be RED
START or ON - Green ..Black, White or Gray is accepted.
ALTERNATING Pushbutton that acts as ON and OFF (Start and Stop) should be BLACK< WHITE or GRAY...never RED or GREEN

If your choice was in 24VDC I/O than you made a good one.
Use color to identify different categories, like input, otput and the common.
Take some time to code the wires is a logic manner

Good luck to you.

Stuff like this scares the h*ll out of me, this guy obviously is not qualified to perform the work he's about to take on, truly a shame for those that will have to work with it, on it, or around it. This is the kind of **** that gets people killed.

I´m sorry Dave , but that is the reality.
OK... I´m not the one who connect the wire´s but in my work the electric. man make the things in my way. Believe is the best way to do it, because when I plan a system I´m thinking not only in me, but in the others who deals with the system in the future.

I have the experience to ensure that. Will have you too ???

That´s the diference with who plan and who execute.

Sorry...

Bye

syed

Please add some information about your experience with industrial controls to avoid confusion. If you have no experience with hard wired controls, wiring a plc for use in a "real" situation without qualified guidance is not a good idea. I consider myself an amateur with plc's but have an extensive hard wired background. I have designed several plc control systems for use within our company, however, if I'm not 100% sure of something, and sometimes if I am, I find someone who knows. I suggest you find someone to direct you through the process until you are familiar with it.

I know that is the one that scared the bejeesus out of me!

The Bejesus Speculation.

One of the more common expressions in 'Merica Nenglish' is "That scared the bejesus out of me!"

Now, we all know that the best way to cure the hiccups is to do exactly that - to scare the bejesus out of the hiccup sufferer.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that hiccups might be a symptom of an excess of 'bejesus'?

I personally think this is correct. The speculation goes as follows:

People accumulate bejesus as a natural process. Perhaps we manufacture
bejesus out of air, or from the foods we eat or beverages we drink. (I think this is most likely. It seems plain to me that beer has a tremendous amount of bejesus in it.) When our bejesus levels get too high, our body automatically tries to shed the bejesus the best way it can. The best mechanism the body has for shedding bejesus naturally is by hiccupping.

Unfortunately, each hiccup only sheds a very small amount of bejesus. This is why an attack of the hiccups can seem to last so long. Now, we all know that there are ways of shedding bejesus faster than one or two 'hiccups worth' per second. Being startled is one of the best ways of getting rid of excess bejesus. Another is to be beaten badly in a fight as in 'he kicked the bejesus out of me'.

The point in all of this?

If a friend develops the hiccups (by drinking too much beer, for instance), you should try to cure these hiccups by startling him (or her). You could, in extreme situations, beat them up as well, although one should only do THIS if the case of the hiccups is so severe that it seems to be life-threatening. Now, even if scaring the patient does not work the first time, you should NOT give up. You should do it again. Several times, if needed. Especially if they are a bit drunk and unlikely to remember stuff in the morning.

Even if they get angry with you, you should keep right on startling them until the hiccups go away. You are doing them a favor. Just remember that startling someone sheds a lot more bejesus than hiccupping does. The hiccups didn't stop after one or two, so you shouldn't either.

Agostinho, Tom is correct in that it was not your post, but the one that started the thread, that I was referring to. The procedure you are describing is certainly SOP for most manufacturers I'm sure. I appoligize for the confusion. Now onto the real issue here, Steve, the quickest way to releave beer induced bejesus is through the tailpipe, I suggest a nice brat & some baked beans. moon2

Steve, I want to thank you for highlighting the often neglected therapeutic value of fear. Although even old(er) members like myself often forget about it, I think it is a particular service to our young student participants. I was taught as a child that "Fear of the Lord" was one of the cardinal virtues, and my father certainly instilled a surfeit of it in me! I personally don't think Syed has a healthy enough dose of fear, but that will undoubtedly be corrected as he experiment with higher and higher voltages.

It's interesting, isn't it, how beer and fear combine so fortuitously to promote the healthy circulation of bodily substances. Bejeesus is not mentioned often enough, but I have on many occasions had the p--s scared out of me, and the relationship of this fluid to beer consumption is obvious to any non-convent dweller. And as Dave points out beer consumption leads to increased ingestion of brats and beans (at least here in Wisconsin) and we know what gaseous and semi-fluid byproducts those promote! I've also had the s--t scared out of me on occasion, of course. And although never a personal participant, I have heard rumors of bodily fluid exchanges induced by the happy coincidence of beer consumption and closing time!

Brat?? brats??? hey yanks, we are multi national here. Us chaps (Limeys) over in in the uk sitting at our desks in our pin striped suits and bowler hats taking afternoon tea with cucumber sandwiches, have not a clue as to what a brat is. (apart from being a whinsome cheeky impudent child) and I hardly think eating one of those would make you ****. What is a brat?

Bratwurst. A delectable sausage soaked overnight (at least) in beer, grilled a lovely golden brown, and soaked in beer again.

MMMmmmmm………… :D

"Brat", pronounced braaht, is short for bratwurst. A sausage, usually cooked on a grill, favored in the midwest region of the US. Often consumed while watching a sporting event. Often served with sauerkraut or onions. A side order of beer is accepted, and for some, required.