Looking for LCD Text display

Webhead

I am currently looking to replace some HMI local displays that my client is using. We used to use the OIT 5400 from Maple Systems and they have discontinued this product.

It was a nice multi lined, text LCD display that was very robust for the price. The best part was it was rated NEMA 4X and was easily read in the sunlight. It cost about $500 and was worth the money. But Maple stopped making it and are making there color touchscreen a priority. As we all know color screens are hard to read in the sun and cost a lot more than what the old Maple cost. Maple makes other displays but they are half the size and harder to program because you need to use many more screens than we used to with the 5400.

Here are a couple screen shots of what the displays contain.

This is the large display Maple Systems OIT-5400:

5400.jpg

This is the small display Maple Systems OIT-3185:

3185.jpg

As you can tell there is a huge differance in the displays.

Has anybody used anything like this and if so can you tell me where to find one? It needs to be able to talk to a Motorla MOSCAD PLC.

Thanks in advance,

Russell

OkiePC said:
You may try Vorne Industries...

http://www.vorne.com/?ref=goto

They make an excellent product that we used to replace A/B dataliners for about 1/3 the price. Don't know about connectivity to your PLC though.

Thsoe are nevery ncie looking displays the only problem is they need to have an operator interface for teh users to make changes.

Thanks for the input though.

Must not have been clear.....

I apreciate all the help but, I must not have been very clear on what I'm looking for. I need something with a keypad the operator can use to make changes to setpoints.

What I used to use the OIT 5400:

0a4cff3d.jpg

What I am using now OIT 3185:

f0cb209c.jpg

I would like to find something comparable to the one above.

Thanks.

Russell,

Here is a link to our web site with various operator interfaces. You will want to look towards the bottom of the page at the MMI240. It is a 4 line 20 character display with 20 shifted and 20 non-shifted programmable function keys. Number lock key is included to enable a numeric key pad.

www.entertron.com/opint.htm

The MMI240 is nema 4x rated. You can download the programming software and manual, listed under the eclipse message master plus.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

email me if you are interested and we can work out some pricing for you. I will have to check and see if it can be used with the controller you are currently working with.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

That is a nice looking dispay. But I'm already using a 4x20 display and looking to go bigger. The one I used to use was 8x40.

Thanks for your input.

I was going to recommend investigating the E300 or CIMREX 30 from Beijers, but then I read the "Motorola MOSCAD" part. Beijers has drivers for nearly every PLC out there, but I don't see Motorola listed... :(

I think a graphic display would give you much more flexibility than even an 8x40 text display... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
I was going to recommend investigating the E300 or CIMREX 30 from Beijers, but then I read the "Motorola MOSCAD" part. Beijers has drivers for nearly every PLC out there, but I don't see Motorola listed... :(

-Eric

I thought the same thing (yes, my company represents Beijer) but couldn't get a good handle on the MOSCAD communications spec. I found some refrences to Modbus RTU when googling but nothing definate.

However, if it does talk Modbus, the Beijers would definately work. Also, for new Beijer customers they have a program where you can purchase an operator panel with programming software and cable for less than the list price of the panel itself. As I recall, for the Cimrex 30 it is way less.

Have a look at ESA touch screens they have an huge range and are compatible with almost any plc (sorry not quite sure of the web address) LOL

shaun

If you is looking Beijers E range which is recently grown with alot more touch screen in thier range i have been working with Beijers Macs and E range from the 50 right up to the 900 touch screen for quite some years as a maintenance engineer in the food enviroment where they really get put through there paces due to the harsh wet cold/hot flying spanners enviroment they are robust and easy to programe via E designer BUT I Aint sure if you can get the driver you need but if you i would deffenitly give them ago

If the screens will use the the Modbus RTU protocol I can get it to work. One of the nice things aobut the MOSCAD is that the 3 ports it has available are fully programmable.