EasyBuilder 5000 question

BAJ

Greetings,

Having a weird issue with an older Maple Systems 5070 HMI for a customer. We uploaded the configuration using EasyBuilder 5000. They have two drivers/devices, 1 Modbus RTU serial and 1 Modbus TCP. I added a new screen (or window as they call it) using content from the Modbus TCP device and got that working, although in the process found that the upload/decompile of the existing configuration scrambled the Modbus TCP device port number. It was suppose to be 502, it had some huge number in it. Once I set it back to 502 and compiled and downloaded, all was good.

After leaving the site I got a call back that readout displays on a different screen (one I didn't touch) are showing ONLY the decimal places for some of the Modbus RTU. These displays are all "XXX.XX" format, but all it shows in the readouts is ".00". The function of the system is correct, it's just the readouts. I looked in my copy of the new configuration and it all seems right, I compared it to the original upload/decompile and it's all the same. I also compared the Modbus RTU device serial settings, and those all match as well.

I recompiled the file and sent them a new .xob (compiled/download file) for the 5070, along with the original .xob file I had uploaded. The new .xob has the same issue, if they download the original .xob the screen readouts work correctly.

I sent them the project configuration file and they did a compile and download, and that appears to break all of the communication as buttons, various objects, and readouts are all missing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Brad

Use the compress and un-compress options for re-creating the file. This option will compress all libraries and files associated with the project. This will correct the issue of objects not appearing. If objects such as buttons and readouts do not appear it means the person opening the file does not have an identical library file as the creator of the file.

Thanks cwal61, but we got it working and I just came here to post. I will certainly keep that in mind for the future though. The screens looked fine offline, so I don't think that was the problem. It looked like the displays where shifted to the left so only the ".00" was showing on the 5070 vs the 000.00 that was configured in EB5000. The "fix" was checking the "download firmware" checkbox. Repeated downloads by either me or my customer were fine, but the *first* download for either of us after the other had been doing downloads required us to download the firmware as well. Weird issue, there were many screens with links to both the Modbus devices that worked fine, including the same values that were messed up (showing ".00") on the first screen (which displayed fine on other screens).