You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 30th, 2020, 04:39 PM   #1
junke715
United States

How should I fix my alarm display screen?

Hello guys,
I just started my first project with factorytalk view studio, and ran into a problem, if guys have any suggestions please help me.

so here is,
I have the alarm screen pop up whenever I got alarm, and I have momentary push button on screen that connected to my plc using remote acknowledge tag, and display setting is replace the screen. but if I acknowledge the alarm, the alarm screen will go away and show all grey on screen. because its replace the previous screen and nothing is under it.
how should I go about it when I acknowledge but still stay in alarm screen?

Thank you
Old January 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM   #2
cwal61
United States

The [ALARM] is the default alarm pop up. It is an On Top type display. If you created you own alarm screen it should not be a replace type display. If you use a replace display you must open a new replace type display. It sounds like you only need to change you alarm screen to On Top.
Old January 30th, 2020, 05:51 PM   #3
junke715
United States

Thank you for the help.
That's what I had before, but my goto display buttons wont work when screen is On top, I had to switch to replace in order for goto display buttons to work. any ideas why?
Old January 30th, 2020, 09:56 PM   #4
rupej
United States

No, something is messed up. Having an on-top display, alarm or otherwise shouldn't change anything with your goto display buttons.
Old January 31st, 2020, 06:55 AM   #5
cwal61
United States

I am not sure how your opening your "alarm" display. It seems that you have created your own and are not using the DEFAULT display [ALARM]. I just tested a GOTO button on the default [ALARM] pop-up and it worked. It opened the display under the alarm popup. The [ALARM] display comes with the Can Not Be Replaced option box already checked. This only means you can not replace it with another On Top Display without closing it first. So, I am not sure I fully understand your issue.
Old January 31st, 2020, 09:41 AM   #6
junke715
United States

Yes sir, I did created my own alarm page, because I didn't like the banner. but how should I fix button issune on my own alarm page?
Old January 31st, 2020, 10:22 AM   #7
forqnc
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by junke715 View Post
Yes sir, I did created my own alarm page, because I didn't like the banner. but how should I fix button issune on my own alarm page?
Why not just change the default [ALARM] screen to whatever display you want? Delete the banner and use your own.
Old January 31st, 2020, 02:04 PM   #8
cwal61
United States

Under objects > Advanced > Alarm there is an acknowledge button if you use this button it will auto close the display used in the Alarm Setup folder. If you have created a custom alarm screen then replace the [ALARM] display in the alarm setup folder with your custom display. Make your custom display an On Top display (can not be replaced). This should close the display when the acknowledge button from the advanced objects is used. This will leave the original display open.

If your custom display is a replace display then your GOTO buttons on that display should work. I don't think a remote ACK button will auto close the replace display. I tried that this morning with the Default display and could not get the alarm screen pop up to close using the remote ACK.

If your using Global Connections remote display tags to open the Alarm Display then you must return the global connection to zero to allow HMI navigation button to work. I doubt this is the case because you haven't mentioned any diagnostics display opening showing errors or warnings.

If this is the case then you'll need to create a Macro to open your next screen when you close the alarm display. For this option each display must have a unique number setup under Display Settings. Then place your macro on the Behavior tab for close screen.

Macros follow: form=expression So: Global Remote Display tag = next page unique number.

Last edited by cwal61; January 31st, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 11:18 AM   #9
junke715
United States

Thank you everyone for helping out.
I got it figure out, there is an internal setting on my panel view that closes alarm screen after acknowledged them. now it all worked out. I will keep all you solution in mind in case next time different things happen.
thanks again, I appreciated all your help
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum