FactoryTalk View ME V9 Alarm List Function

thelord006

Hello,
I'm currently experiencing an odd issue. I'm working with a CLX system that has 7 panelviews. on 3 of these panelviews, the screen designated to log alarm when an alarm starts is acting strangely. on these 3 screens, particular MB1 triggers will change what their message says, to a completely different MB1 message. For instance, the MB1 that triggers is MB1[33].0, and after the fault clears or I leave the screen with the log, the message changes to MB1[65].26. it doesn't always change to this MB1 either, it is seemingly random.

Anyway, as much as I would just love a straight answer as to what is going on, i don't believe i can give enough details. Rather, does anyone know HOW exactly the Alarm List actually works? how does it choose what to display? I understand this may require more info but i'm afraid I just don't have it. :/ :confused:

Alarms from what I know are set up in the Alarm Setup under Alarms in the View Studio Tree.
They are triggered via an expression. If the expression is true.
Find out what that expression is in your case.

From a far-away viewpoint based on your post, seems like you might be having intermittent alarm issues. Might want to look into the PLC code too.

Alarms from what I know are set up in the Alarm Setup under Alarms in the View Studio Tree.

From a far-away viewpoint based on your post, seems like you might be having intermittent alarm issues. Might want to look into the PLC code too.

A coworker also mentioned that the patches for View Studio might help.

Patch: Remote ack causes alarm messages to change, FactoryTalk View 8.20/9.00

1047071 | Date Created: 05/08/2017 | Last Updated: 02/19/2020
Access Level: Everyone

:confused:

The Most likely cause i think would be in the logic, as I have checked all i can in the FTView ME HMI project. nothing is different from this file compared to one that works. Thanks for the help. every bit helps.

Patch: Remote ack causes alarm messages to change, FactoryTalk View 8.20/9.00

1047071 | Date Created: 05/08/2017 | Last Updated: 02/19/2020
Access Level: Everyone

:confused:

Thank you for this. I will have try it. However, I do not know if this is the problem as i do not see a connection to remote ack in the HMI project.

Hello,
I'm currently experiencing an odd issue. I'm working with a CLX system that has 7 panelviews. on 3 of these panelviews, the screen designated to log alarm when an alarm starts is acting strangely. on these 3 screens, particular MB1 triggers will change what their message says, to a completely different MB1 message. For instance, the MB1 that triggers is MB1[33].0, and after the fault clears or I leave the screen with the log, the message changes to MB1[65].26. it doesn't always change to this MB1 either, it is seemingly random.

Anyway, as much as I would just love a straight answer as to what is going on, i don't believe i can give enough details. Rather, does anyone know HOW exactly the Alarm List actually works? how does it choose what to display? I understand this may require more info but i'm afraid I just don't have it. :/ :confused:

UPDATE: so, it turns out all the alarms are changing after recording. this gives more weight to the patch for the solution. however, I would like to verify this with the other PanelViews I am using. Currently going around the terminals and trying to look at system info on the PV config screen.

I would go to Download & Compatibility Page and select Factory Talk View Version your using and download the latest patches. Then install patches on FT Studio PC and re-create the .mer file. I know this is a known anomaly with early versions. Not all are related to remote ACK. Plus, It will not hurt to install patches and have the latest and greatest software updates for the version your using.

Last edited:
UPDATE: so, it turns out all the alarms are changing after recording. this gives more weight to the patch for the solution. however, I would like to verify this with the other PanelViews I am using. Currently going around the terminals and trying to look at system info on the PV config screen.

UPDATE: Problem is resolved. i did not use the Patch. instead i simply imported the Alarms File that was working (with the same alarms) and the local message files as well. downloaded and now it seems to be OK. wish i knew what the problem was though.